Solomon Young Updates

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Young has a body that will allow him to contribute quickly, IMO. I could see him becoming a very good defender for us by his SO year.

He was rumored to be 6'7" and judging by this video, I think he might be. He also has very long arms.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Young has a body that will allow him to contribute quickly, IMO. I could see him becoming a very good defender for us by his SO year.

He was rumored to be 6'7" and judging by this video, I think he might be. He also has very long arms.

Agree, if he ends up being a long 6'7" or more, he is going to play a lot of good minutes next year IMO. He has the body and type of game to "scrap" his way as a freshman. Maybe a Ejim type four?

Although not big-time recruits, both he and Long have some things that Prohm can really work with.

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
Ditto that Solomon could earn his way onto the court next year. He's a beast, physically, and he has experience playing against skilled and highly ranked players who are much bigger (make that taller) than him : Ivan Rabb last year (Cal freshman this year) and Jordan Brown (class of 2018) this year. Both of them are about 6'10" and both were/are top 10 recruits.

Plus, having watched his team play in person, they're ferocious on defense -- meaning, if he comes in with a good foundation on defense, and he's a long-armed 6'6" and likes to dunk, he could be a big asset.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Agree, if he ends up being a long 6'7" or more, he is going to play a lot of good minutes next year IMO. He has the body and type of game to "scrap" his way as a freshman. Maybe a Ejim type four?

Although not big-time recruits, both he and Long have some things that Prohm can really work with.

Long is up to #82 in ESPN rankings, I'd call that big time. But yet, point taken.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Long is up to #82 in ESPN rankings, I'd call that big time. But yet, point taken.

82 is his score iirc, 100th is his rank. Custer territory in that regard.

I think he could be a big-time player, but imo big-time recruits are more of the ones most of the bluebloods are offering. He is a good recruit without question and I am more excited about his prospects than some of our higher ranked guys we have gotten in the past. Could be a great complement to Jackson as a soph.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
Without watching the video, can someone explain how he gets his points? Rebound put-backs? Fast breaks? Pick and roll? Just wondering what to expect offensively.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Solomon Young reminds me of a West Virginia recruit. Smaller kid who will do what it takes what ever position he might play. Thats a good thing btw.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
He also added 11 rebounds and 7 blocks to go with his career high 33 points. 9-9 from the free line as well. 12-16 from the floor so it didn't take him many shots to get his 33.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He also added 11 rebounds and 7 blocks to go with his career high 33 points. 9-9 from the free line as well. 12-16 from the floor so it didn't take him many shots to get his 33.

9 for 9 from the line! Can't wait.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Without watching the video, can someone explain how he gets his points? Rebound put-backs? Fast breaks? Pick and roll? Just wondering what to expect offensively.

I watched like 5 minutes of a game (probably one thompsonclone linked to). Don't know what kind of shooter he is but he made both 3 pointers he took that I saw, and was willing to put his body into and push on the bigger guy he was guarding at first opportunity. Which was nice to see. Lots of standing around though.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
82 is his score iirc, 100th is his rank. Custer territory in that regard.

I think he could be a big-time player, but imo big-time recruits are more of the ones most of the bluebloods are offering. He is a good recruit without question and I am more excited about his prospects than some of our higher ranked guys we have gotten in the past. Could be a great complement to Jackson as a soph.

I think we can win with recruits in the 50-150 range, and it's probably a better way to spend our time unless we really have an in with a guy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron