Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I never said it was a unanimous "the officials are screwing Iowa" chorus. I said it was a near unanimous belief that the officials inserted themselves and negatively impacted the game. There's a big, big difference between those two statements. Even with Iowa fans' bias, they still thought the refs inserted themselves into the game in a way that had a negative impact on the game, even if they thought LSU was being favored. LSU fans were saying the opposite. And people with no horse in the race thought it sucked all around. You'll never get closer to a unanimous opinion in sports than that.
I don’t agree, and wouldn’t even if you corrected your statements to reflect the bolded is based on what you may have read and heard yesterday and today. Unless you have heard from “everyone” the bolded is your opinion, not fact.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don’t agree, and wouldn’t even if you corrected your statements to reflect the bolded is based on what you may have read and heard yesterday and today. Unless you have heard from “everyone” the bolded is your opinion, not fact.
If you really want to argue semantics, you go right ahead. But you'd be hard pressed to find many people who thought that was anything close to a well-officiated game.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I never said it was a unanimous "the officials are screwing Iowa" chorus. I said it was a near unanimous belief that the officials inserted themselves and negatively impacted the game. There's a big, big difference between those two statements. Even with Iowa fans' bias, they still thought the refs inserted themselves into the game in a way that had a negative impact on the game, even if they thought LSU was being favored. LSU fans were saying the opposite. And people with no horse in the race thought it sucked all around. You'll never get closer to a unanimous opinion in sports than that.
Look at the foul totals. Bottom line is LSU was just better than EIU.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why would the NCAA want to intentionally screw the biggest star in WBB out of winning a championship? I keep seeing people say(not all Hawk fans) that the game was not reffed fairly towards both ends and that "you know why" they wouldn't want Clark to be a national champion, which is why the game was fixed for LSU.

But I actually do not know why. At all. I'm beyond confused. Someone help.
Why does it have to be the NCAA? Why couldn't it just be 3 AA officials that could of been subconsciously biased against a school that condones racism?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
And the ones who did that are pieces of ****. But that has nothing to do with the point I was making.
What is your point?

Your point is EVERYONE thought the officiating sucked, right?

If not, what is your point.

And even IF everyone thought the officiating sucked, only one fan base made it about race.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Don't know how Leopard pants wasn't T'ed up for coming onto the court on multiple occasions.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My question: was it classy for a certain player to leave his shoes on a court?

And spare the reply about how he gave money to the hospital.
It would have been hilarious if an industrious Hilton worker had quickly thrown those shoes in a dumpster since they were "left behind" rather than letting them come back and retrieve them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know, that's partly my point. If you're going to call a T on something because it violates Rule 10 Section 12 Article 3K, then what's the rule/section/article mandating where a coach can/can't be while the game is in play and why aren't you calling a T when that's violated? Unless I'm wrong and there's nothing in the rules about coaches being on the court and initiating physical contact with a ref.
I agree that the coaches box has been terribly enforced for years in college BB. Bruce Weber spent more time out of his box than in it and to my knowledge he rarely even got a warning. As far as initiating contact that is a hard sell since it appeared to me that the ref reached out with her arm and pushed Mulkey back toward her bench. Yes, Mulkey then pushed her arm away, but the contact was initiated by the ref. That being said, Mulkey pushes the envelope in pretty much every game that the other team is in - that is that isn't a Mulkey team blowout. She then is incredulous on that rare occasion where she gets a technical when it is an action that any other coach would consider intentionally drawing a technical for strategic purposes.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
What is your point?

Your point is EVERYONE thought the officiating sucked, right?

If not, what is your point.

And even IF everyone thought the officiating sucked, only one fan base made it about race.
You can keep propping up that straw man all you want. I was contending with the idea that only Iowa fans thought it sucked, and that they only thought it sucked because Iowa lost. Regardless of the ****** way that some Iowa fans responded to it, they were far from alone in dogging the officiating.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Look at the foul totals. Bottom line is LSU was just better than EIU.
Literally nowhere did I say otherwise. LSU was deeper and therefore had an easier time dealing with foul trouble to their best players than Iowa had.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron