Sour Grapes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I loved this comment referencing a clip of Grill undercutting a Texas rebounder.

'I know people hate on Iowa players as being "puncheable" but I don't remember the last time I saw an Iowa player pull crap like this. Fran wouldn't put up with this ****.'

Conveniently forgets the Iowa center who poked multiple players in the eyes in several games and how Fran went to the mat for him.

And body slamming opponents and having a son who is in charge of getting into altercations and Bobo headbutting an Oregon player and and and.

Grill's deal likely should have been a foul but it didn't look malicious.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I personally love that the vast majority of them honestly think that Iowa is doing incredibly well and that Fran deserves more time to figure things out lol.

I grew up an Iowa fan and don't hate them like many here. I actually want them to be somewhat better for my family to enjoy, I mean 2 decades of Fran ball is way too much.

When you look at those 20 years...in a real way...they could have a lot more success and still not eclipse what ISU has done in the same time frame. Give Fran a few more NCAA wins and couple of sweet 16s and he is still lagging way behind ISU during his tenure.

A few of them know and in that thread it's really clear who knows the truth and who is deluding themselves. They act as if 3x more NCAA wins is meaningless. Do they really think ISU is as good as Kansas or Kentucky that have 3x more ncaa wins over the past dozen years? They really believe that?

Some of them really focus in on the one year Prohm got fired and act like it matters way more than the other 20-30 years around it. Others somehow look at our "bad stretch" as being longer than their Lick disaster. Lick and McD pretty much overlap and as bad as McD was, Lick was slightly worse. McD could never quite get there, but teams competed sometimes. Lick was horrifically bad. For the past ten years they also ignore that the Big 12 is just far and away the toughest conference. You can't just compare straight wins, it's why you have to look at post season results. Same way with SEC football.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
No-chin, ball cleaning Sears from WHO lead off sports with Postponement of the Iowa - NW game, then went to Caitlyn Clark getting B1G POW, finally got to the matchup at Hilton. Guy is an Eickholt clone!
Jesus. The Hok gobbling in this state never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: Frak

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And body slamming opponents and having a son who is in charge of getting into altercations and Bobo headbutting an Oregon player and and and.

Grill's deal likely should have been a foul but it didn't look malicious.

I need a behind the basket view to know how bad Grill undercut him or how intentional it was. The ref was standing a little to the side but more under the basket. It's really hard to tell with just the broadcast angle.

Labeling Grill as a dirty player is laughable.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I loved this comment referencing a clip of Grill undercutting a Texas rebounder.

'I know people hate on Iowa players as being "puncheable" but I don't remember the last time I saw an Iowa player pull crap like this. Fran wouldn't put up with this ****.'

Conveniently forgets the Iowa center who poked multiple players in the eyes in several games and how Fran went to the mat for him.
Zach McCabe would never

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I need a behind the basket view to know how bad Grill undercut him or how intentional it was. The ref was standing a little to the side but more under the basket. It's really hard to tell with just the broadcast angle.

Labeling Grill as a dirty player is laughable.
It was the same realm as the play when one of their guys injured Race Thompson. Neither was dirty - their guy was trying to dive for the ball and Grill was trying to box out on a rebound, the Texas guy just happend to jump for the ball.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I grew up an Iowa fan and don't hate them like many here. I actually want them to be somewhat better for my family to enjoy, I mean 2 decades of Fran ball is way too much.

When you look at those 20 years...in a real way...they could have a lot more success and still not eclipse what ISU has done in the same time frame. Give Fran a few more NCAA wins and couple of sweet 16s and he is still lagging way behind ISU during his tenure.

A few of them know and in that thread it's really clear who knows the truth and who is deluding themselves. They act as if 3x more NCAA wins is meaningless. Do they really think ISU is as good as Kansas or Kentucky that have 3x more ncaa wins over the past dozen years? They really believe that?

Some of them really focus in on the one year Prohm got fired and act like it matters way more than the other 20-30 years around it. Others somehow look at our "bad stretch" as being longer than their Lick disaster. Lick and McD pretty much overlap and as bad as McD was, Lick was slightly worse. McD could never quite get there, but teams competed sometimes. Lick was horrifically bad. For the past ten years they also ignore that the Big 12 is just far and away the toughest conference. You can't just compare straight wins, it's why you have to look at post season results. Same way with SEC football.
I really think the 2 horrible Prohm years (mostly the one) are clouding everything. Saying “LOL 2-22” is a lot easier than actually diving into any sort of factual analysis.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Wow that was incredibly delusional by a lot of people in that thread. They fail to mention the numerous Big12 tournament championships or the success of players that have been drafted and in the NBA.

I do think that we got lucky that Prohms down years were during COVID and the Hawks good team had the tournament cancelled.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really think the 2 horrible Prohm years (mostly the one) are clouding everything. Saying “LOL 2-22” is a lot easier than actually diving into any sort of factual analysis.

The Prohm disaster year is the only year that counts in basketball...and simultaneously our Fiesta Bowl win season is the only year that doesn't count in football.

Which is it? Either the disaster counts and our best football season is totally normal other than having one non-conf game cancelled...or there was no disaster year in basketball because 2020 didn't count for football.

Reactions: isutrevman

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I personally love that the vast majority of them honestly think that Iowa is doing incredibly well and that Fran deserves more time to figure things out lol.
Totally happy to let them think that.

As much as I hate Iowa, them being successful rest of the year only helps us. And I don’t want Fran’s seat to get hot. Let them wallow in mediocrity forever if they please.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Prohm disaster year is the only year that counts in basketball...and simultaneously our Fiesta Bowl win season is the only year that doesn't count in football.

Which is it? Either the disaster counts and our best football season is totally normal other than having one non-conf game cancelled...or there was no disaster year in basketball because 2020 didn't count for football.
That year also coincides with Iowa’s “best team” they’ve ever had and Luka winning POY lol.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don’t want to burst everyone’s bubble, but the post the OP shared was a poster trolling cause a cyclone poster says that quite often about Iowa and the Big Ten. The Big 12 is objectively the best conference in basketball by a landslide and they know that.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don’t want to burst everyone’s bubble, but the post the OP shared was a poster trolling cause a cyclone poster says that quite often about Iowa and the Big Ten. The Big 12 is objectively the best conference in basketball by a landslide and they know that.
Does the Cyclone poster also use poorly worded arguments and adjectives in place of adverbs?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron