Sour Grapes

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
View attachment 108445
The conference who has won the national championship in back to back years and has been regarded as the best basketball conference for years “just isn’t good” according to the dweebs on Hawkeye insider
Texas Tech almost won it to make it 3 years in row. Big10 hasn't won a title since that MSU team in '00

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Go Iowa Awesome site, formerly Hawkeye Report, has a great thread where some Fran critics are pointing to reality and others claiming Iowa and Iowa State have identical success past 20 years. Hilarious stuff, might as well claim ISU football has had equal success as Iowa even though we’ve only finished ranked maybe a quarter of what they have.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This thread is pure gold. We play a style that's boring to watch. We only recruit thugs. They kicked our asss.

I didn’t realize you already linked it but yeah the people saying they are equal for 20 years are insane. Also 20 years conveniently clips out what happened 22 and 23 years ago but still.

The most relevant time frame is during Fran’s tenure and I think he has like 1/3 of the ncaa wins and 1/4 of the conf tourney titles as ISU while he has been coach…yeah exactly equal. ISU is equal to the programs that have 3x as many ncaa wins I guess.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I loved this comment referencing a clip of Grill undercutting a Texas rebounder.

'I know people hate on Iowa players as being "puncheable" but I don't remember the last time I saw an Iowa player pull crap like this. Fran wouldn't put up with this ****.'

Conveniently forgets the Iowa center who poked multiple players in the eyes in several games and how Fran went to the mat for him.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
This thread is pure gold. We play a style that's boring to watch. We only recruit thugs. They kicked our asss.

and we have a bagman

• Haha
Reactions: pourcyne