South Dakota State recruit

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I just finished watching a semifinal game of the SD State AA girls BB tournament. Macy Miller from Mitchell is quite a player. She is going to SDSU next year. First cousin of NBA player,Mike Miller. Her dad Alan, set the state record for collegiate scoring in the 80's. She seems to play a lot like her Dad, who played for the neighboring town when I was in HS.

She was averaging 30 pts per game before the tournament. Scored 38 last night and 40 tonight, plus had 17 RB last night. She is a 6 ft point guard who rarely shoots a 3 and is a 92% FT shooter.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Wished I would have watched. I gave up the tourney here when our high school teams got beat out. Some years I watch them, but didn't really have time this year.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I don't follow women's recruiting much, so can anyone tell me what this has to do with isu? Are we still recruiting her, even though she's committed to SDSU?

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I will explain. EHdakota is an Iowa State fan who was especially interested in Anna Prins because of connections. He lives here is SD as do I, and probably thought this girl wouldn't have been a bad recruit. I don't think he attended ISU. I am almost certain that I saw the girl play last year, as I saw Mitchell play in the tourney. I didn't watch at all this year because of lack of time. I am not worried about it. It sounds like Fennelly has a good group of recruits coming in.

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I don't follow women's recruiting much, so can anyone tell me what this has to do with isu? Are we still recruiting her, even though she's committed to SDSU?

Sorry, I just thought there would be some fans of basketball that might appreciate a basketball story from the neighboring state. There is an article in the Mitchell Republic about the Miller family and their basketball legacy. 49 years of having a Miller playing in Mitchell. Eleven members of the family combined for over 13,700 points.

There is a weak connection to isu in the following paragraph:

When Jade Miller is a senior at DWU in 2016, it will have been 49 years since hIS Uncle, Tom first suited up for the Tigers, starting the Miller legacy in Mitchell ;-)

I was surprised to see that Macy is not even mentioned on Hoopgurlz, but then Anna wasn't either until after I emailed them asking why her teammate was and not Anna. I was told that participation in summer club events played a big part of the ranking.

She was not likely an ISU recruit due to her lack of 3 point shooting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron