Sports Illustrated Done

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Going on a side tangent here, but I remember when she hit it big and became a national sensation that there was a poster on here who constantly bagged on her; writing about how ugly and dumpy she was.

That poster always gave off uber d*ouche vibes to me. It's one thing to not be attracted to her (although that in itself makes me wonder) but he was just obnoxious about it.
1705696510877.gif
I dont know how anyone can speak badly about her.

• Love
Reactions: ISUChippewa

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
In one of our classes at Greenlee journalism school, they bought in one of the cameras SI used at Super Bowls. Pre-digital age. I think it cost them $20,000 just to rent it for a couple of weeks. It was a hasalblad. SI was the gold standard for investigative sports journalism and photography. I can remember their preview of the Minnesota-Oakland Super Bowl. The guy who favored the Vikings said “If Oakland wins, crime pays.” And of course, it wasn’t even close.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Publishing - especially magazine publishing - is in a bad place right now. I was a faithful subscriber to Entertainment Weekly for many years; then I noticed it wasn’t coming weekly anymore, then they told me to go online for my content, then they lost me as a subscriber.

I subscribed to SI for quite a few years back in the late 70s/early 80s, when I was in high school. It was so great, back in the pre-cable pre-24-hour-sports days, to get coverage of all kinds of sports and really good feature writing. I still remember the issue that had, I think Lou Brock and Carl Yastrzemski getting their 3000th hit the same week. And of course I kept the famous swimsuit issue with Cheryl Tiegs for a long, long time …

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Publishing - especially magazine publishing - is in a bad place right now. I was a faithful subscriber to Entertainment Weekly for many years; then I noticed it wasn’t coming weekly anymore, then they told me to go online for my content, then they lost me as a subscriber.

I subscribed to SI for quite a few years back in the late 70s/early 80s, when I was in high school. It was so great, back in the pre-cable pre-24-hour-sports days, to get coverage of all kinds of sports and really good feature writing. I still remember the issue that had, I think Lou Brock and Carl Yastrzemski getting their 3000th hit the same week. And of course I kept the famous swimsuit issue with Cheryl Tiegs for a long, long time …
The Sidd Finch April Fools article. I remember someone brought that to work and we all read it marveling about this baseball prodigy

For those that are younger and have no idea what I am talking about
https://www.si.com/sports-illustrat...ticle-george-plimpton-lane-stewart-joe-berton

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Yes they did....They recently had a tranny on it.

tumblr_msdyvhtDgB1sbx0r2o1_500.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron