Stadium construction ...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Irony: a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character, i.e. chuckyd4735
Do you post these things on the Big XII message board? You could cover all teams and not just ISU then.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Irony: a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character, i.e. chuckyd4735

You were the one that posted news about KU. And when you were asked why you answer was irony?

You are the ******* dumbass that should be read the definition of irony. Because you don't know why you are obsessed with KU. The only thing ironic in this thread is the tragedy of Surly's unknown obession for KU. It is truly tragic that you don't know you are obsessed.

As for the rest of us, this is what the news means.

Hey everyone a power 5 football team is upgrading their stadium. Oh really? Is it a day that ends in Y?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
So kinda like starting threads nobody gives a **** about on a rival’s website?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
They can knock down the stands and everyone can bring your own lawn chairs.

Or, pull up in your vehicle like the drive-in movies. Tailgate before and during the game. Opponent scores again, knock back another to ease the pain

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Looks like KU has a competent coach and this should help him out.

Assuming he sticks long enough to see it through.

How many times has that been said over the years when they first hired someone?
Turner Gill - lasted 2 seasons after being called a good hire, went 5-19
Charlie Weis - big in name and in size. Former ND coach with NFL experience. Done after 3 seasons and 6-22 record
Beaty got 4 years 3-42 record
Miles was supposed to be a big splash but had other issues and got fired in 2 years with a 3-18 record

If they want Leipold to have a chance at any kind of success he needs a MINIMUM of 6 years to try and build something. KU is not a program you can turn around in 3-4 years and KU is nuts if they don't see that with their history. Just look at how long it took ISU to get out from doormat status with McCarney and Rhoads (not counting Chiz as 2 years and 5-19 is not much) for Campbell to finally be able to take it further. It took Mac 5 or 6 years just to get us out of the hole Walden put us in and even Rhoads got 6 years while having some success along the way before he couldn't sustain it.

KU is so far behind in facilities to go with their futility in FB that in reality if they have the "right guy" he's going to need 6 or more years just to get it to the point of making a bowl game again probably.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You were the one that posted news about KU. And when you were asked why you answer was irony?

You are the ******* dumbass that should be read the definition of irony. Because you don't know why you are obsessed with KU. The only thing ironic in this thread is the tragedy of Surly's unknown obession for KU. It is truly tragic that you don't know you are obsessed.

As for the rest of us, this is what the news means.

Hey everyone a power 5 football team is upgrading their stadium. Oh really? Is it a day that ends in Y?

You seem too slow to understand why I posted the definition. But I understand.

B12 Radio's King McClure went off on ISU fans this morning, perhaps for good reason, calling them the worst, always attacking him like no other B12 fanbase. He even read some of the nasty, personal tweets directed at him. I suppose you are representative of that ilk.

I've posted news on several facility additions across the B12 including K-State, Texas, and Baylor amongst others. So perhaps it's you that gets triggered by Ku stuff. IDK. This was a third-party tweet for information's sake. I didn't comment on it. It wasn't meant to start a junior high food fight, but you showed up.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1 and alarson

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You seem too slow to understand why I posted the definition. But I understand.

B12 Radio's King McClure went off on ISU fans this morning, perhaps for good reason, calling them the worst, always attacking him like no other B12 fanbase. He even read some of the nasty, personal posts directed at him. I suppose you are representative of that ilk.

I've posted news on several facility additions across the B12 including K-State, Texas, and Baylor amongst others. So perhaps it's you that gets triggered by Ku stuff. IDK. This was a third-party tweet for information's sake. I didn't comment on it. It wasn't meant to start a junior high food fight, but you showed up.
Your holier than thou schtick gets pretty tiresome.

I can't stand King's commentary, but it is sad that people are attacking on Twitter. But then again, Twitter is a cesspool so he is far from alone.

I wonder where these were. I just looked at his Twitter feed and the only interaction I can find with a Cyclone fan is actually really positive. They call him out saying Iowa State actually beat Baylor and he says that you got me there. Cyclone fan responds with all the love, looking forward to your take on last Cyclone game. Either it has been scrubbed or it is somewhere else or he is dredging stuff up from long ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron