Stadium Music

cyhigh

Apr 11, 2006
It's been awhile since I've been able to attend a home ISU game and I thought the Baylor game had an amazing atmosphere. Part of that I think was due to the upgrade in the music selection over the last couple years. Is there any way to figure out what was played (specifically after the rap song after the 1st ISU touchdown)?

• Agree
Reactions: oldwiseman

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
No clue on how to figure out the music selection.

Personally, I think the speaker system is way too low. I remember the first year the speaker system was up and thought that it was a great volume. In my opinion, it also encouraged the crowd and atmosphere to be even louder (disclaimer: we were a bit more competitive back then). Unfortunately, some old people had to go and ***** about it being too loud, and now I think its much too low.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

Personally, I think the speaker system is way too low. I remember the first year the speaker system was up and thought that it was a great volume. In my opinion, it also encouraged the crowd and atmosphere to be even louder (disclaimer: we were a bit more competitive back then). Unfortunately, some old people had to go and ***** about it being too loud, and now I think its much too low.

All depends on where you are sitting. I am pretty sure the speakers shoot over top of the people in north side of the stadium, especially lower deck, and the music is louder in the south side of the stadium in general. I would agree to err on the side of being too loud.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Last year the speakers were crazy loud in south endzone corners. Volume is about right there this year.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Agreed, I sit in the South endzone and too loud > too quiet.

I thought the music selections have been better until late in the 4th quarter against BU it seemed like they went back to Rhoads era songs (I think one rock song was actually one of his team's intros)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I remember little kids covering their ears and crying it was so loud for that first UNI game.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Too many old people complaining after games probably. They need to crank that music up, and play newer songs too. You can hardly hear it on TV. Creating a crazy home atmosphere could go a long way to win some games. It probably could have played a small difference las Saturday if they cranked up that music and got people hopping.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

I was sitting in the SW corner and it was loud as hell, which was good.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
They did play Sandstorm, which brought be back to the OSU game, I thought it was another identifier of us maybe pulling out a W..... But the timing was wrong.... kickoff coming out to half-time was when they did back that amazing night going on 5 years ago now....

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
All depends on where you are sitting. I am pretty sure the speakers shoot over top of the people in north side of the stadium, especially lower deck, and the music is louder in the south side of the stadium in general. I would agree to err on the side of being too loud.
No the music was barely audible in the SEZ.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Anyone know the songs that played before some of the kickoffs? The players were getting pumped on the sidelines.

Reactions: cyJet

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
That UNI game in 2011, the first one with the new scoreboard, had amazing sound. Since then it has been weak in every game I've been to. Disappointing

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt