Staiger Ineligible!

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Decoury answered me :

Basically I asked What is the NCCA Amateurism Certification Program? Is it new?

Here is his reply, it does not sound good for us but I love his arguements. Personally
I think he (Staiger) should sue the NCAA I think he has a case..

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Yes, but it's just a new mechanism for pulling the same garbage on international kids that they've pulled for about the last five years. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Cincinnati has a kid right now from Poland who went through the exact same deal last year. He lost a whole year and will be a senior.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Simple logic:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]How can an American kid play summer league ball with somebody like Allen Iverson and not be considered professional while the international player does pretty much the same and is called a pro?[/FONT]

Go to Rucker Park in NYC in the summer time. Those guys play ball against And1 everyyear. Though the pro's dont get paid, And1 team does. Jokim Noah played in it alot the year before his final year in college!

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Erik Strickland played Minor League ball in the Marlins system and was PAID and was still eligible to play basketball for the Huskers he just couldn't be on scholarship. That was a few years ago. Anyone know if there has been a rule change? If not Miles Brand and the NCAA is nothing more than I think they are...organized crime extorting money on the backs of kids.

When the NCAA moved its offices from KC to Indy, the KC Star did an expose on the NCAA. Needless to say it was disgusting to learn how bad it really is.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I honestly can't believe this. When will the NCAA's blatant corruptness end? I hope the outrage of Cyclone Nation is enough to make a difference.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Decoury answered me :

Basically I asked What is the NCCA Amateurism Certification Program? Is it new?

Here is his reply, it does not sound good for us but I love his arguements. Personally
I think he (Staiger) should sue the NCAA I think he has a case..

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Yes, but it's just a new mechanism for pulling the same garbage on international kids that they've pulled for about the last five years. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Cincinnati has a kid right now from Poland who went through the exact same deal last year. He lost a whole year and will be a senior.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Simple logic:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]How can an American kid play summer league ball with somebody like Allen Iverson and not be considered professional while the international player does pretty much the same and is called a pro?[/FONT]

That is the whole case in point right there...It's a freakin' NCAA vendetta against international players and it's total bs.

Staiger should have a case!!! GO FOR IT LUCCA!!!

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
I wonder if pollard is getting involved or just letting the backetball staff or lawyers work on the appeal. and how long would it take for them to send the appeal and for the ncaa to look at it

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
(Stupid question)

What would the punishment from the NCAA be if ISU played Lucca this year?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Probably take away wins that he played in or more.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
It seems like Lucca should be taking this to the courts immediately rather than trying to go through a rigged appeals process. This is truly unbelievable, the NCAA is so worthless.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
In most any professional sport you can still play while your appeal is being heard. Agreed: worthless.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Questions from others including the public, current student-athletes, and their parents:

In order to better serve your needs, please contact membership services by telephone at the number below so that your issue may be addressed as thoroughly as possible. Please note that many issues may be resolved by accessing and researching the necessary information on the NCAA Web site (see helpful links). You are also welcome to seek assistance by faxing or mailing questions and concerns to the membership services group. You will receive a response within 10 working days of receipt.

Hours: Monday through Friday, noon to 4 p.m. eastern time
Phone: 317/917-6008
FAX: 317/917-6622
Mail:
NCAA Membership Services
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222
Well, I tried to call the phone number. I identified myself as a member of the media seeking information on the NCAA's justifications for determining that Lucca Staiger of Iowa State University should lose a year of eligibility. I was transfered to what seemingly amounted to a voicemail, left the message that that seemed like a clever way to not answer my question, and was shortly thereafter disconnected.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I also found it interesting that the Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse is located in Iowa City.
NCAA - National Collegiate Athletic Association
The Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse, located in Iowa City, Iowa, is the organization that handles ALL inquiries regarding an individual's initial eligibility status. The Clearinghouse maintains and processes all of the initial-eligibility certifications.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
With this happening to so many foreign players any chance for a discrimination lawsuit?