Staiger Ineligible!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Here is a short paragraph that is all I could find about this Nikola player from WSU:

The freshman had arrived in Pullman just a few months before from his home in Belgrade, Serbia, a basketball prodigy with a quick first step, long arms and an upper body that belied his age and allowed him to finish at the basket.
Getting to the rim was easier than getting on the court, though, as he had to sit out Washington State University's first four games following the discovery he had played in Europe with a team that included professional players.

Thanks mark, I mean I know this is a new system they are using but honestly... can't they use this as a precedent set? Four games, max, or the NCAA is officially Nazis.

Last edited:

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I know people aren't a big fan of Jon Miller, but I heard the first part of his show on my way back from DSM, and he talked about the situation. It would be great for some more media outlets to talk about it with that much passion. I think if this could get national media attention it could expedite some things.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Thanks mark, I mean I know this is a new system they are using but honestly... can't they use this as a precident set? Four games, max, or the NCAA is officially Nazis.

Wait what? The other guy only got 4 games?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It was a guy last year, the Nikola Koprivica from WSU, was found to play with a professional team in Europe and originally had a bigger sentence but the ruling was appealled down to 4 games. Their current guy, the Boeke kid, he got the same ruling as Lucca. Hopefully they use that precedent from last year as a benchmark and decide not to be commies.

Last edited:

toddbakke

Mar 20, 2006
Send email's to sports writers and broadcasters throughout the country.
I sent a message to Mike Decourcy of the Sporting News.

Send message Colin Cowherd, Doug Gotlieb, Mike Lupica whomever, get this story out there, that is the only way to make the NCAA accountable.

Saw that someone sent something to Jim Rome and Dan Patrick already.
The more emails they get the more apt they are to investigate this with the NCAA..

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Send email's to sports writers and broadcasters throughout the country.
I sent a message to Mike Decourcy of the Sporting News.

Send message Colin Cowherd, Doug Gotlieb, Mike Lupica whomever, get this story out there, that is the only way to make the NCAA accountable.

Saw that someone sent something to Jim Rome and Dan Patrick already.
The more emails they get the more apt they are to investigate this with the NCAA..
If people have those email addresses I would be happy to send some stuff. If you don't want to post them PM them to me.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I know people aren't a big fan of Jon Miller, but I heard the first part of his show on my way back from DSM, and he talked about the situation. It would be great for some more media outlets to talk about it with that much passion. I think if this could get national media attention it could expedite some things.

Props to Miller! I'm serious, whatever problems you have with him, he is all over this topic. He has announced the petition website on several occasions, he has set a challenge to get the number up to 1,000 by the end of the hour, and he has told Hawkeye fans that they need to sign their names. He's angry about this issue, he's not showing any bias, he is totally backing us on this issue.

Jon, if you read this, THANK YOU!

Last edited:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Thanks mark, I mean I know this is a new system they are using but honestly... can't they use this as a precedent set? Four games, max, or the NCAA is officially Nazis.

It was a guy last year, the Nikola Koprivica from WSU, was found to play with a professional team in Europe and originally had a bigger sentence but the ruling was appealled down to 4 games. Their current guy, the Boeke kid, he got the same ruling as Lucca. Hopefully they use that precedent from last year as a benchmark and decide not to be commies.

Not to call you out, but I don't think they can be both. Unless you're Rainier Wolfcastle:

e6f9aba1b9772d779078a77099bed815.jpg

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Props to Miller! I'm serious, whatever problems you have with him, he is all over this topic. He has announced the petition website on several occasions, he has set a challenge to get the number up to 1,000 by the end of the hour, and he has told Hawkeye fans that they need to sign their names. He's angry about this issue, he's not showing any bias, he is totally backing us on this issue.

Jon, if you read this, THANK YOU!
I heard that too. It's great to have him bring more light to the issue.

toddbakke

Mar 20, 2006
Decoury answered me :

Basically I asked What is the NCCA Amateurism Certification Program? Is it new?

Here is his reply, it does not sound good for us but I love his arguements. Personally
I think he (Staiger) should sue the NCAA I think he has a case..

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Yes, but it's just a new mechanism for pulling the same garbage on international kids that they've pulled for about the last five years. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Cincinnati has a kid right now from Poland who went through the exact same deal last year. He lost a whole year and will be a senior.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Simple logic:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]How can an American kid play summer league ball with somebody like Allen Iverson and not be considered professional while the international player does pretty much the same and is called a pro?[/FONT]

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Didn't Kyle Korver play in the summer league last year? Are all those that were on his team professional. Like his brother that was still in H.S.?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Korver played in the CCL with many of our guys and Drake's guys.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
what the **** lucca come back

Last edited by a moderator:

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM