Stansbury Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Jared grew up a Huskers fan. He went to Iowa State and at least adopted them as a favorite. Always seemed like Nebraska was still his first love. He's been in the ISU media for a decade. It's very possible he wanted/needed to get away from CF and central Iowa. I wouldn't read too much into this other than a young professional trying to figure out where he fits within a very unstable and difficult industry. When you're looking at paying gigs, covering your favorite team is not required, or in many cases, desired.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Jared grew up a Huskers fan. He went to Iowa State and at least adopted them as a favorite. Always seemed like Nebraska was still his first love. He's been in the ISU media for a decade. It's very possible he wanted/needed to get away from CF and central Iowa. I wouldn't read too much into this other than a young professional trying to figure out where he fits within a very unstable and difficult industry. When you're looking at paying gigs, covering your favorite team is not required, or in many cases, desired.
I thought he graduated from Simpson for some reason.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
At the same time, he decided to live his life in the public eye. It's like when a celebrity asks for Privacy during his down time.

Can’t say I agree with this. To me, he worked at a position doing what people believed is what he loved. He made a decision to better his life which meant moving on to a different job and the people he was serving are still dwelling on it. He made a decision to change his life for the better and you or I would do the same . Really not much more to discuss beyond that.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Can’t say I agree with this. To me, he worked at a position doing what people believed is what he loved. He made a decision to better his life which meant moving on to a different job and the people he was serving are still dwelling on it. He made a decision to change his life for the better and you or I would do the same . Really not much more to discuss beyond that.

I am ok with him doing that. However, I am just sayin if you live your life in the public eye, people have and always will discuss you as a public person. That will never change.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Our fans are hilariously thin skinned sometimes. I suppose that can happen with a passionate fan base though
Yeah I'm assuming he just hit his ceiling at cyfan and then the des moines sports radio space seems pretty saturated. I've definitely worked jobs where the only way to move up is waiting on someone you respect to get fired or leave themselves and it's tough to stay motivated.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Yes, He really did. All journalist are in the public eye.
No they aren’t or at least not any more than pretty much any other profession. If they are, then pretty much anyone who owns a business or works in a client-facing position is “in the public eye.” I guess you can be upset/critical of him leaving, but you can’t justify it by saying “oh, well he is in the public eye.”

• Dumb
Reactions: ClonesFTW and MJ29

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This is sad. Maybe he thought KXNO might hire him to actually cover us and when he found out he could earn more with a lemonade stand, he had to turn purple kitty.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
It can be hard to "move up" in a profession if your experience is 100% in one spot. Stanz was the managing editor at CF. He was maxed out here. I thought he was doing great.

I'm sure (for possibly more than one reason) he just needed a new zip code. New experiences. Bigger network. Different geography. You can 'not want to leave' but also decide that you need to leave and branch out. There doesn't need to be some bad blood / sinister reason.

But I would prefer that this is some 3D chess subterfuge to upset the apple cart in purple cat country....

Status
Not open for further replies.