Stansbury Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This has become one of the dumber threads on CF. Do they not show Soap Operas on television anymore? Is that why people feel the need to create drama around this?

I think it's really because of social media and how it's now normal to speculate deeply on really simple concepts.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
No they aren’t or at least not any more than pretty much any other profession. If they are, then pretty much anyone who owns a business or works in a client-facing position is “in the public eye.” I guess you can be upset/critical of him leaving, but you can’t justify it by saying “oh, well he is in the public eye.”

Then why is there over 200 posts from the public discussing him right now? If you quit your job, do 200 random people talk about you leaving your job and taking a new job? No. We are talking about him because he is a public writer on a website.

• Haha
Reactions: keepngoal

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
This is sad. Maybe he thought KXNO might hire him to actually cover us and when he found out he could earn more with a lemonade stand, he had to turn purple kitty.
But, damn it all, now having to deal with Surly and people like Surly on a full-time basis. EEEK! I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Our fans are hilariously thin skinned sometimes. I suppose that can happen with a passionate fan base though

This won't be popular, but to me personally the direction this thread has gone in just validates my own feelings that we are the most insecure fan base in the whole damn country.

"He left us! He never loved us in the first place!!!"

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

giphy.gif

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Then why is there over 200 posts from the public discussing him right now? If you quit your job, do 200 random people talk about you leaving your job and taking a new job? No. We are talking about him because he is a public writer on a website.

Please tell me that you do understand that you are a big part of the issue here that you are being somewhat critical of in the first place, right?

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Jared and I were fringe friends through intramural sports and pick up basketball. Super nice guy. You gotta remember this was his job and he saw a move to advance his career. Much like Sean Keeler moving from DSM to a bigger market. I get that it’s Cyclone Fanatic and we are all ISU nuts, but for him working here it was likely more of a passion covering sports at a high level than it was covering ISU.

Reactions: NWICY and keepngoal

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
This is absolutely hilarious. Reporting is his profession & he took another job. This isn’t a hobby like it is for us, everyone needs to settle down.

He wasn’t a life long or die hard ISU fan like many on this board are anyways. While I’m sure he was happy to see ISU have success, at the end of the day, this is his paycheck and how he makes a living.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is absolutely hilarious. Reporting is his profession & he took another job. This isn’t a hobby like it is for us, everyone needs to settle down.

He wasn’t a life long or die hard ISU fan like many on this board are anyways. While I’m sure he was happy to see ISU have success, at the end of the day, this is his paycheck and how he makes a living.
I don't even know if he isn't a life long fan, most national sports guys are fans of teams but don't cover those teams specifically. It's totally compatible for him to root for a team other than the one who is willing to pay him the most.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

The "jilted lover" act that some people seem to default to, is rarely a good look in the best of circumstances, doubly so when it comes to stuff like this.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
i, for one, do not care where jared stansbury gets his next job.

some others do care

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Trying to put myself in CW and JS shoes, I have to think this came down to JS realizing there isn't room for two CWs in the market, and CW isn't hanging it up anytime soon. Nothing about bad blood, or anything like that but just business. There is only so much time and money to go around. You can stay and do the things you have been, or your other option is to go find something else.

Seems like CW was trying to bring JS along on the Iowa Everywhere side, and stuff but maybe that wasn't happening fast enough.

Good luck to Jared, and I am sure it wasn't easy on CW either. Tough loosing an employee, as quickly as things changed in the line up I have to think these things were in the work for a bit before the announcement. But who knows. I don't see CW or JS doing either dirty.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He’s a damn good writer and maybe an even better talker with a vast knowledge of college sports. He’s going to be fine. Add in the fact that currently KSU FB and MBB are > ISU FB and MBB and I can understand his thinking.

• Dislike
Reactions: yez
Status
Not open for further replies.