State Fair Craft Beer Tent

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh I’m sure they’re making some good money. A lot of beer will be tossed back in the next 10 days but like you said, $5 out of every $7 seems pretty generous.
Yeah. I actually think their tent has some of the better live music at the Fair too.

And remember, the product everyone is consuming is pretty much made in the State. That's a great thing for everyone.

Reactions: MJ29 and baller21

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I love the Iowa Craft Beer Tent - both on RAGBRAI and at the State Fair - but my understanding is that at one time, breweries had to donate the beer. Not sure if that is true anymore since the thing has blown up.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I love the Iowa Craft Beer Tent - both on RAGBRAI and at the State Fair - but my understanding is that at one time, breweries had to donate the beer. Not sure if that is true anymore since the thing has blown up.

I think breweries also have to pay to be a part of the Iowa Craft Beer Tent. I believe some view it as advertising, especially the breweries in other parts of the state who wouldn't mind some Central Iowa beer enthusiasts coming their way. So ICBT definitely makes some money, but ... why shouldn't they? They're a business/service, and they're clearly successful.

Reactions: baller21 and 06_CY