Surge is back!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://www.coca-colacompany.com/sto...-brand-now-available-exclusively-on-amazoncom

Fans thirsty for a taste of ‘90s nostalgia – or those who are simply craving a citrus-flavored sparkling beverage with a kick – can rejoice in the news that SURGE is back after a 12-year hiatus.SURGE, which debuted in 1996 and taken off the market in the early 2000s, is making a comeback thanks, in part, to a passionate and persistent community of brand loyalists who have been lobbying The Coca-Cola Company to bring back their favorite drink over the last few years. SURGE is Coke’s first discontinued brand to return to the market.
The SURGE re-launch represents two additional firsts for Coke. The brand, which will be offered in its original formula in 12-packs of 16-oz. cans featuring the same retro design from yesteryear, is part of an innovative distribution deal between Coca-Cola and Amazon. A limited supply of SURGE will be sold exclusively through the online retailer atwww.amazon.com/surge, marking the first time Coke has distributed a product solely through e-commerce.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
are they bringing it back with the pulp/sediment? because it's not Surge unless there's a bunch of crap settled at the bottom of the bottle.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
giphy.gif

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't really have that much of a desire to drink it, but am really happy about this for the nostalgia boost.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
are they bringing it back with the pulp/sediment? because it's not Surge unless there's a bunch of crap settled at the bottom of the bottle.

That's why you shake if before drinking. If you don't than all of the amphetamines settle out. :smile:

DJSteve

Apr 29, 2010
Ames
www.stevesmobilemusic.com
What about Jolt Cola? Is that still available?

As of 5-6 years ago Jolt was still available--sold in 24 oz cans with a domed screw lid designed to mimic a giant AA battery. I haven't seen it in a while, though... looks like the US company may have gone bust but still available in other parts of the world. Jolt blue (I don't think it technically had a flavor) was probably 80%+ of my dining dollar spending my freshman and sophomore years in the dorms.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
What about Jolt Cola? Is that still available?

I miss Jolt and Pepsi AM. I remember someone handing out free cans of Surge after a FB game in the parking lots once. Probably right when it came out.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I miss Jolt and Pepsi AM. I remember someone handing out free cans of Surge after a FB game in the parking lots once. Probably right when it came out.

I remember that they were handing out Orbitz one time after a basketball game. Nothing like drinking solids! That stuff was good though...

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Sweet!!!!! I plan on wearing a pair of Airwalk shoes to go buy some!!!!!

Edit. Just saw it is only available on Amazon. I will wear my Airwalk shoes and listen to Weezer on computer while I do my ordering!!!! I may even play of game of pogs once my Surge comes in.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'll try it once, just to see if it is the same at all.

My friend worked at a gas station and he got us access to it cheap as it was being discontinued. We drank so much of that crap :twitcy: