Surprise- Illinois No Longer Investigating Shannon

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Wasn’t his victim a KU student? At least if that’s the case she didn’t have to be around him all the time.

The Iowa football rape that they tried to cover up by cleaning up the room, I think they continued to harass and intimidate the victim.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wasn’t his victim a KU student? At least if that’s the case she didn’t have to be around him all the time.

The Iowa football rape that they tried to cover up by cleaning up the room, I think they continued to harass and intimidate the victim.
You're mixing up Iowa rape cases.

That one they just cleaned. It was the Pierre Pierce victim that Alford harassed and tried to get to change her story with a pastor.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

The Iowa basketball rape was even worse. I know the rape victim by Pierre Pearce and it’s one of the grossest cases of a college coach and college admin I can ever remember hearing. What they did to avoid booting him was shocking. If I was the girls dad I would have offed Pierre and Steve Alford. It was that bad

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Interesting part about the ESPN story was Shannon's attorney requested that DNA evidence not be allowed. Didn't realize DNA evidence would exist based on media accounts of the act in a bar.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Interesting part about the ESPN story was Shannon's attorney requested that DNA evidence not be allowed. Didn't realize DNA evidence would exist based on media accounts of the act in a bar.
If a rape kit was done, I believe you can get male DNA that lasts up to 48 hours from digital penetration.

Of course, often can get DNA from under victim’s nails or something too but that is probably not what they are talking about.

• Informative
Reactions: isucy86