Survivor 45

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Been meaning to start a new thread for this season. I probably will not check in or post for a few days after each episode as right now my Wednesday nights are busy and my kids are into the show now so we usually don't get around to watching the new episodes until the weekend.

Episode 1 - I hate when players quit like that. There are so many people that apply for Survivor and when someone flat out quits especially the very 1st tribal council it has to really piss off people that made it through interviews and didn't get selected. Even as a fan it frustrates me as I want to see players that actually want to be there and do everything they can to stay in the game.

Episode 2- No shock to see Brandon voted out, he has the weak link from day 1 with challenges

Episode 3 - great blindside with Sabiyah, another 1st in Survivor with someone using the fire at tribal council to melt wax down to get an idol only to go home with it in their pocket

Random thoughts so far: Guessing a mix up is coming soon but would be fun to see if Lulu tribe can just decimate themselves by continuing to lose challenges. If there is a puzzle involved they pretty much are doomed as they've not come close in any challenges that have had a puzzle in it. I can't stand Emily, was hoping she would get voted out by now but she's somehow taken the target off her back and weaseled her way into the right side of the numbers on Lulu. She seems like the type though that as soon as there is a merge she'll be a snake in the grass. I think some of the people on Belo who don't like Bruce are overplaying the "this is his 2nd time playing." While that is true the dude didn't even make it past the 1st episode last season so just how much of an advantage does that really give him when he barely played the game and didn't even go to a tribal council. I like some of the new twists with the immunity idols so far too. A lot of people used to complain how it was too easy to find idols and there were too many of them in play that messed up the votes and now they have added some more risks and disadvantages to finding them that makes them a temporary negative if you lose your vote in order to find or keep an idol long enough where you can use it later in the game.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Emily reminds me of that lady a few seasons ago . I can’t remember her name but they called her chaos, maybe Cass? So annoying. Minus her the votes have gone how I wanted so far. The quitter lady sucks. She lasted a day before she wanted to
Go home when you know there were 1000’s of people that wanted that spot

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Emily reminds me of that lady a few seasons ago . I can’t remember her name but they called her chaos, maybe Cass? So annoying. Minus her the votes have gone how I wanted so far. The quitter lady sucks. She lasted a day before she wanted to
Go home when you know there were 1000’s of people that wanted that spot

That's a pretty fair comparison, chao Kass was her nickname. She played in 2 seasons and over-analyzed thing much like Emily has done. She did make it to the final 4 once then got voted out not long after the merge her 2nd season.

Probably the most dramatic quitter was Colton who quit twice and Jeff really laid into him the 2nd time. He's probably my least favorite player in the history of the game with Coach and Shan being not too far behind but at least those 2 played the game hard.

This is a long watch but this is every quitter in the show's history

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I understand the frustration of watching someone wimp out and quit immediately. But as a television show it does give viewers the reminder that it is not that easy to adapt to living like that. And after all, it's first and foremost an entertainment vehicle.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Jeff is getting soft. In years past when people would quit, he would really get on their case. Not anymore, I guess.
I think he realizes that youth can't be reasoned with in the same way. Society accepts selfishness more than ever. And Jeff doesn't need to lay into anyone as he knows social media will make them miserable.

Reactions: flynnhicks03

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Worst cast in history. Last episode was aight.

I’m in a pool and have Brando and the kid from Harvard. Both nerdy types but with this cast I think I have a good shot.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I appreciate the opening montage every episode with the music. They got rid of that and it sucked when they did. It helps me remember names a lot better and gets me in the mood when I hear the music

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
Another group of crybabies and another group of people who immediately tell everyone when they find an idol. Also why didn't lulu try to at least attempt to make fire the old fashioned way?
I'm wondering how much of that stuff is done but just doesn't make it to air. If you go back and watch the first few seasons they show alot more of camp life and the "survival" aspect of the show. Over time it has slowly gotten to where they just show challenges and social drama. The building a shelter, finding water, making a fire stuff is not really part of the show anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another group of crybabies and another group of people who immediately tell everyone when they find an idol. Also why didn't lulu try to at least attempt to make fire the old fashioned way?

I think the casts in general are starting to get a little softer throughout the years and anyone who shows strength gets preyed on as too strong of a player early on and gets voted out. Drives me nuts how some weak ass players always get carried along, I've always said before the merge your strength is in numbers so winning challenges to avoid tribal and increase your odds to make the merge and beyond should be your focus then you go after the big physical threats after they carried you to the merge. I get that there is a social aspect to the game to go along with strategy and physical game play but you gotta have a few physical threats as shields to carry you early on then you up your gameplay by voting them out when they don't have immunity and add to your resume of big moves.

As for Lulu trying to start fire there was a moment where Brandon was on the beach trying to start one with his glasses and looked like they were getting close to having some smoke then the boat pulled up to take someone. But yeah I think if it were me I'd be trying every trick in the book to try and start a primitive fire through some kind of friction method. I'm sure it is not easy but having a way to cook things and have some warmth at night while keeping the bugs down would sure be a priority even without flint.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm wondering how much of that stuff is done but just doesn't make it to air. If you go back and watch the first few seasons they show alot more of camp life and the "survival" aspect of the show. Over time it has slowly gotten to where they just show challenges and social drama. The building a shelter, finding water, making a fire stuff is not really part of the show anymore.

Agree, they were literally eating rats on season 1 and pretty sure they were having to boil water before drinking it early on too. They have made it tougher in recent seasons with a lot less supplies and food provided, losing flint if you lose a team immunity challenge, and rewards don't seem as much early on now either. But they also shortened the game from 39 days to 28 now too so the last stretch of the game is not as grueling either. I still miss the eating challenges with the bugs and stuff but pretty sure we'll never see those again. I wish they'd go back to somewhere other than Fiji once in awhile too as different climate and environments always made things interesting but they are locked into Fiji because they have offered them discounts to film there along with the weather being pretty consistent there.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not reading thread yet as I just started watching the season on paramount plus through 1st episode.

What a slap in the face for people who would give anything to be on this show and you quit, unreal.

Only one person I really dislike is Emily. I dislike personality types like Emily with a passion.

• Agree
Reactions: RealisticCy

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
All I'm gonna say to not spoil things is Jeff needs to fire some people who pick contestants.
Absolute bullsh*t. That's 2 this season. And they think they're martyrs and that it's some kind of noble move. F*ck them. They need to make a rule or something about not being able to pull such a weak move. They're taking spots on the cast that could've gone to people who actually want to be there. F*ck them.