Survivor: Game Changers

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The newest season kicked off tonight. Anyone else take it in? Only familiar with half the people on the show, and didn't care for many on the orange team. Can't believe they brought that Debbie lady back. Hopefully sooner rather than later they get rid of Sandra. Her cocky attitude is beyond annoying. How did she win this game twice? Because she appears to not be a match at competitions so her wins must have been totally using her social skills.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Thing that pissed me off is that after the 2nd challenge the show was trying to give the impresssion it was coming down to Tony v. Sandra to get voted off and it totally was not that way for the actual vote. I was thoroughly confused.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Going to be a helluva season. With all the returning players the show was extra entertaining from the very beginning. I like the new rule change... spitting the votes to be safe can have major suspense and/or consequences if ties cannot be decided unanimously.

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
Odd show tonight. Seemed like it was supposed to be a 2 hour episode that had to be crammed into 1.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I have NEVER seen a council like that before. How the heck did they figure out it was Sierra? Were they whispering too loud?

OK, maybe my family and I missed something but, How did it turn too Sierra? What did she do and how did they figure it out?

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I think Culpepper was confident they weren't voting for him after JT told him as much, and Sierra was the next logical physical threat. Good work Tai finding the idol and the group playing it correctly.

Yes, the playing of the idol made things even more interesting

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Incredible twist. Last night's tribal and all the side conversations will be a game changer ;) Not cool that Malcom was the victim of that twist however, I wanted Sandra to get the boot.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I have NEVER seen a council like that before. How the heck did they figure out it was Sierra? Were they whispering too loud?

JT literally walked over to Culpepper and told him "They're voting Seirra". Then he doubled down and said "I promise", the second time. JT is an idiot, but it actually helped his former tribe out big time, so if he can survive another vote or two it might work out. Steven Fischbach deserves more credit for carrying him to a win is my big take away.

Malcolm is pretty dumb too, to trust JT & Culpepper.

I think Haley not wanting to vote at the end was her telling her tribe that she knew Malcolm was going home, but it wasn't apparent that she knew Ty had an idol and was going to play it for Sierra. I have a feeling he told her off to the side though without the them actually showing it in the episode.

Wild stuff, had to watch it more than a couple times to piece everything together. JT should just said to Culpepper, We'll vote for Sandra if you do and they would've been golden.

• Informative
Reactions: riceville98

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finally got caught up on this season last night after having to watch it online since I am usually busy when the show airs (thanks Hurst and Dish, let's get CBS back soon so I can DVR it again!) and so far it's been an interesting season. I too would love to see Sandra go home any time now. I never understand why when they have seasons where former winners return how they are not immediately the prime targets and especially a cocky 2 time winner like Sandra is. If she makes it to the merge they are all idiots for keeping her around that long. I realize she is not much of a physical threat and she wasn't in her 2 seasons she won either so she is playing them in the social game once again.

Curious to see which former player returns this week. I keep saying this season needs a Russell Hantz as he was as much of a game changer as any of them making it to the final 3 twice but never winning but I doubt he ever plays the game again. Since it appears that they are bringing exile island back for this episode I would assume it will be someone from the Panama season. That was Cirie's season which she finished 4th, the winner through 3rd place finishers on that season were Aras, Danielle, and Terry Dietz and I would not be shocked to see it be 1 of them.

So far it's been a pretty entertaining season. I always think that when they do these All-Star or seasons where they bring back several former players it's never as good as the ones with an entirety new cast but all these new twists so far has kept the show pretty fresh and entertaining.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm amazed and how Sandra runs the show EVERY time she plays. They had another chance to vote her out this week and didn't do it again. I'd typically say that will come back to haunt them but the show will change things up again before too long.

This season has been wildly entertaining IMO. Still one of the better reality shows on TV.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Finally got caught up on this season last night after having to watch it online since I am usually busy when the show airs (thanks Hurst and Dish, let's get CBS back soon so I can DVR it again!) and so far it's been an interesting season. I too would love to see Sandra go home any time now. I never understand why when they have seasons where former winners return how they are not immediately the prime targets and especially a cocky 2 time winner like Sandra is. If she makes it to the merge they are all idiots for keeping her around that long. I realize she is not much of a physical threat and she wasn't in her 2 seasons she won either so she is playing them in the social game once again.

Curious to see which former player returns this week. I keep saying this season needs a Russell Hantz as he was as much of a game changer as any of them making it to the final 3 twice but never winning but I doubt he ever plays the game again. Since it appears that they are bringing exile island back for this episode I would assume it will be someone from the Panama season. That was Cirie's season which she finished 4th, the winner through 3rd place finishers on that season were Aras, Danielle, and Terry Dietz and I would not be shocked to see it be 1 of them.

So far it's been a pretty entertaining season. I always think that when they do these All-Star or seasons where they bring back several former players it's never as good as the ones with an entirety new cast but all these new twists so far has kept the show pretty fresh and entertaining.

I agree but the counter to that is why not keep her around and if possible even take her to the end? If I have a chance of being in the final 2 or 3 (depending on what they do this season), I'd think I'd have a huge advantage over her in the eyes of the jury, which I imagine wouldn't want to give her a third win.

Help Support Us

Become a patron