Survivor: Game Changers

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Finally got caught up on this season last night after having to watch it online since I am usually busy when the show airs (thanks Hurst and Dish, let's get CBS back soon so I can DVR it again!) and so far it's been an interesting season. I too would love to see Sandra go home any time now. I never understand why when they have seasons where former winners return how they are not immediately the prime targets and especially a cocky 2 time winner like Sandra is. If she makes it to the merge they are all idiots for keeping her around that long. I realize she is not much of a physical threat and she wasn't in her 2 seasons she won either so she is playing them in the social game once again.

Curious to see which former player returns this week. I keep saying this season needs a Russell Hantz as he was as much of a game changer as any of them making it to the final 3 twice but never winning but I doubt he ever plays the game again. Since it appears that they are bringing exile island back for this episode I would assume it will be someone from the Panama season. That was Cirie's season which she finished 4th, the winner through 3rd place finishers on that season were Aras, Danielle, and Terry Dietz and I would not be shocked to see it be 1 of them.

So far it's been a pretty entertaining season. I always think that when they do these All-Star or seasons where they bring back several former players it's never as good as the ones with an entirety new cast but all these new twists so far has kept the show pretty fresh and entertaining.

I agree but the counter to that is why not keep her around and if possible even take her to the end? If I have a chance of being in the final 2 or 3 (depending on what they do this season), I'd think I'd have a huge advantage over her in the eyes of the jury, which I imagine wouldn't want to give her a third win.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I agree but the counter to that is why not keep her around and if possible even take her to the end? If I have a chance of being in the final 2 or 3 (depending on what they do this season), I'd think I'd have a huge advantage over her in the eyes of the jury, which I imagine wouldn't want to give her a third win.
If Sandra makes it to the end, the jury will reward her. Three times playing three times final tribal. Shame on the others for not ending her streak.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I'm going to look at it from a different angle. As a 2 time winner if all those people allow her to make it to the final 3 with that kind of target on her back then if I am the jury I'd vote to make her a 3 time winner. If you look at the list of winners many of them won more on their social and strategic game than they did their physical game as usually the physical threats become the biggest targets since they have better odds of winning immunity challenges. It is absolutely nuts how she hasn't been voted out yet with her cocky "the queen stays queen" comments she says as each person is voted out at tribal. She's not hiding that she thinks she is in control and that to me is exactly when you target a player like that because the longer they stay in the game the more sheep they'll find to play her game and allow her to stay in control.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I'm going to look at it from a different angle. As a 2 time winner if all those people allow her to make it to the final 3 with that kind of target on her back then if I am the jury I'd vote to make her a 3 time winner. If you look at the list of winners many of them won more on their social and strategic game than they did their physical game as usually the physical threats become the biggest targets since they have better odds of winning immunity challenges. It is absolutely nuts how she hasn't been voted out yet with her cocky "the queen stays queen" comments she says as each person is voted out at tribal. She's not hiding that she thinks she is in control and that to me is exactly when you target a player like that because the longer they stay in the game the more sheep they'll find to play her game and allow her to stay in control.
Agreed. It's like Tony said, people always assume that they will get Sandra next time. She is one of the worst physical challenge players ever, but she uses that to her advantage. People are like "She'll never have immunity so we'll get her next time, we need to get rid of the big challenge threat now". Brad and Sierra screwed JT over by voting out Malcolm because he was a challenge threat. If Sandra gets to the end she should and will win.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The QUEEN IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After Tai talked to Sandra and Ozzy's name came up I figured everyone would go Tai except for Tai and Sandra, Tai uses an idol Tai votes don't count and Sandra, Tai and maybe Varner would go Ozzy to get him out.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The QUEEN IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After Tai talked to Sandra and Ozzy's name came up I figured everyone would go Tai except for Tai and Sandra, Tai uses an idol Tai votes don't count and Sandra, Tai and maybe Varner would go Ozzy to get him out.
Great minds...
I was thinking pretty much the same thing. I was amazed when they DID hold on to the vote out Sandra plan.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
As they were talking it through at tribal council I figured thats what was going to happen. Ozzy would have never seen it coming!

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
It was a good choice for Tai not to tho. He got to the end last time, but received 0 jury votes because he flipped on nearly every alliance he had, and his gameplay was so erratic he earned little respect from the jury. Hopefully this is an example of Tai learning from his mistakes, but he made an another big one tonight by telling Varner that they were voting Sandra. Survivor 101- always make the people on the bottom feel comfortable so they don't do anything crazy. Maybe that was what Tai was thinking at Tribal, but who knows.

• Agree

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sandra played way different this time than normally she does. Way more cocky. Tai is so annoying. None of his moves make any sense. He flips for no reason and he will never win. It's annoying

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Was so glad when Sandra got voted out! Once things started to turn crazy at tribal I thought maybe something crazy was going to happen like Tai was going to play both idols and save Sandra to vote Ozzy out but glad they stuck to the plan. But I still think Tai is a liability for anyone he aligns with. He gets paranoid way too easily and starts giving away too much info. If I were him I would never tell anyone about his idols because as soon as he does - and I think he will because he is just too trusting and careless with what he says sometimes - wouldn't be shocked if they immediately try to vote him out in a blindside.

The exile twist was pretty cool. Hopefully Debbie is re-focused and uses the advice she got to strengthen her game because she was a train wreck leading up to going to exile. One other thing I noticed, Troyzan still doesn't get that he needs a social game to stay alive as once again he's not creating bonds with people so he's always on the outside looking in and that is what did him in the first time he played and likely will again this time.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I would have totally been fine if everyone got up and beat Varner. Glad they didn't even vote and just offed him!

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sometimes you can go just that one step too far. We thought he pretty much had it until that last reveal. And I do think his remorse is genuine...but wow.

We were wondering if they asked the injured party if it was okay to use that footage...it would have been a weird & disjointed tribal, but something like that...
Wow.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy