Switching sidelines next Year

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I enjoyed watching a couple of the KSU coaches this year get mad because they had to wait for us. Our entire team was at the"hold short line" while they were getting in their little huddle to hold hands to the locker room. The refs noticed this and decided to let us go while they got their circle jerk organized.

• Funny
Reactions: Ficklone02

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
After the new locker room was announced, he got asked several times if that meant the team would be switching to the west side and JP said something along the lines "no, we want to stay on the east side for the added TV exposure. Many other major schools cross like this and there aren't any issues" even though Geno Smith pushed Wally Burnham to the ground during the very first game the teams had to cross.
I have never wished a former player to fail in the NFL more than Geno after that. So far its working out.

Reactions: beentherebefore

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Love the change. I hope our students shout away at the visiting team. Also, is there a certain number of tickets we have to give away to visitors? Would like if we could give less. Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Kansas, and Oklahoma State all suck at traveling anyways.

I am pretty sure there is a certain amount of tickets the home team needs to give to the visiting team. For some reason, the number 4,000 comes to my mind as the requirement to sell to the opposing team.

I think what usually ends up happening, at least for ISU, is that we sell the tickets to the opposing teams AD, that AD then tries to sell the tickets to their fans. If they don't sell all of the tickets, they then give them back to ISU so we can sell what is left over.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I am pretty sure there is a certain amount of tickets the home team needs to give to the visiting team. For some reason, the number 4,000 comes to my mind as the requirement to sell to the opposing team.

I think what usually ends up happening, at least for ISU, is that we sell the tickets to the opposing teams AD, that AD then tries to sell the tickets to their fans. If they don't sell all of the tickets, they then give them back to ISU so we can sell what is left over.
I wasn't sure. Been to some games over in Kinnick and it sure doesn't look like they do. They probably do though and it just looks like less since everyone is scattered everywhere.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Believe the stealing of the signals is the much bigger issue then the sunlight/heat for the reason for the change from what I've heard.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So I am guessing the new visitors section will become 26-27/S-T and ticket holders there will be offered a swap into the old visitors section (15-16/H-J).

Although I suppose it would be an opportunity to downgrade the visitor section seats now that the SEZ is finished. Maybe move it to, say, 25/Q-R instead.

nwTKm3p.png
That is what i'm figuring as well. I sit in Sec 26 near the top and I really like those seats, so I hope that we are offered the same seats in Sec 16. On the flip side if Sec 25/Q-R become the new visitors section I'm really not excited about having to sit next to the visiting band so I really hope that I still have the option of moving into the same seats in Sec 16.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So I am guessing the new visitors section will become 26-27/S-T and ticket holders there will be offered a swap into the old visitors section (15-16/H-J).

Although I suppose it would be an opportunity to downgrade the visitor section seats now that the SEZ is finished. Maybe move it to, say, 25/Q-R instead.

nwTKm3p.png
That is what i'm figuring as well. I sit in Sec 26 near the top and I really like those seats, so I hope that we are offered the same seats in Sec 16. On the flip side if Sec 25/Q-R become the new visitors section I'm really not excited about having to sit next to the visiting band so I really hope that I still have the option of moving into the same seats in Sec 16.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
JP is going to be on Murph and Andy on 1460 Kxno if you want to tune in. He's always a good interview.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
About ****ing time. Been wanting this change for years. The student section will make little life hell for the opposing team. Throw their fans way up in a far flung corner. If we want to have a hostile environment, this is a small but significant step. Every little bit helps. No need to make the visitors feel comfortable.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's not the reason we haven't been great at football, but how funny would it be if THIS of all things was the reason we haven't been great? Switch sides, all of a sudden unbeatable at home.

I like how you think. Let the off-season of unrealistic optimism begin.

Does Vegas have the line set for next year yet? And if so, do you think they have updated the win total yet to reflect this news?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I like how you think. Let the off-season of unrealistic optimism begin.

Does Vegas have the line set for next year yet? And if so, do you think they have updated the win total yet to reflect this news?

Over/under for 2017 ISU home wins as of Wednesday: 2 1/2
Over/under for 2017 ISU home wins as of Thursday: 5 1/2

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
Went to the Hokeye game this year. Seemed like there was no visitor's section. Just pockets of cardinal red scattered around the endzone.

A couple years ago, they went away from using a physical section. Now, it seems that the primary visitor ticket location is a band about 3/4 of the way up the North end zone, spanning across several sections.

The rest of the ticket distribution are sprinkled near the top and bottom of the end zone sections.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)

nwTKm3p.png

I have season tickets in Section R and really like it. But, if they move the visiting band to the East side as well then I have to move to the other side of the field because being close those bands suck! They hardly know whats going on in the game.

So I hope ISU allows those in Section R to move as well.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
A couple years ago, they went away from using a physical section. Now, it seems that the primary visitor ticket location is a band about 3/4 of the way up the North end zone, spanning across several sections.

The rest of the ticket distribution are sprinkled near the top and bottom of the end zone sections.

This seems more common now and I hope it is what ISU goes with now that the visitors section is being displaced. Make the visitor's seats a narrow band way up high in Sections P-T or something like that.

I think the only game that we bring our band to is Iowa, right? If that's so, we can work with them to get their band seats, but nobody else should get special treatment to seat their band. Why should we?