Tamin Lipsey Commits

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
This is one of those threads I saw pop up and went looking for what I may have said that might have been stupid at the time. However, I was right to be excited. Good job Drew of 3 years ago.
I got roasted for saying Lipsey will be better than Hunter. I was never impressed with Hunter. His game against LSU was a fluke.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I got roasted for saying Lipsey will be better than Hunter. I was never impressed with Hunter. His game against LSU was a fluke.
His injury at Ames High set him back a bit. Should have been a solid 5 star coming out. Perhaps better for us he didn't get the attention that Barnes got.
Also, anyone who watched him on the football field realized this kid is a very special multi-sport athlete. Just flat out left the defense standing around wondering what just happened. Now, seeing those assists he's tossing out, and moves he's making aren't surprising at all.
Combine all this with the fact he's just a great, smart young man. Boom!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
His injury at Ames High set him back a bit. Should have been a solid 5 star coming out. Perhaps better for us he didn't get the attention that Barnes got.
Also, anyone who watched him on the football field realized this kid is a very special multi-sport athlete. Just flat out left the defense standing around wondering what just happened. Now, seeing those assists he's tossing out, and moves he's making aren't surprising at all.
Combine all this with the fact he's just a great, smart young man. Boom!

Wouldnt have mattered his "star" ranking one bit. He was going to play for the Cyclones.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I found the thread on Hawk report. This might be the most "That didn't age very well" thread I have ever seen in my entire life. Starts with Lipsey commiting. Hopefully I link this to the part in the thread right.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
I found the thread on Hawk report. This might be the most "That didn't age very well" thread I have ever seen in my entire life. Starts with Lipsey commiting. Hopefully I link this to the part in the thread right.

Lol. The trajectories of both basketball programs since that thread is certainly something to look back on.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

For chuckles, I looked at some of their MBB threads. They are attempting to prop up Harding, comparing him to Braden Smith at Purdue. Never mind that Braden is actually 6' and last year as a FR averaged 9.7ppg, 4.2 rpg and 4.4 apg. Harding is stretched to 6' and averages 3.3ppg, 0.6rpg and 2.9 apg.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

Oh god that thread is gold. Especially the dummy saying pollard is all in on football after hiring his old drinking buddy. TJ will own that dumpster fire program for years to come

• Friendly
Reactions: Drew0311

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Lol. The trajectories of both basketball programs since that thread is certainly something to look back on.
The certainty they had that ISU would max out at 10 wins and all those comments is comedy. Idiots lol

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
oof scary thought this was a thread that was brought back because he de-committed!

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Missing one, Dickie V.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...t-men-college-basketball-point-guards-2023-24

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Well deserved recognition for Tamin, but he might not be the best defender on the team. Gilbert should be on this national list along with Tamin.
Agree with you, but its hard to make this recognition anything other than statistic based.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78