Tavon Sledge article

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
It's nice to read an article about a basketball recruit that isn't getting shot at or in fights with team mates.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Haha, the fact that he wants to come here to major in Culinary Arts is awesome. Nice to see that he realizes there is life after basketball.

Or if he goes on to a long NBA career, he'll at least be able to have awesome dinner parties or something.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Haha, the fact that he wants to come here to major in Culinary Arts is awesome. Nice to see that he realizes there is life after basketball.

Or if he goes on to a long NBA career, he'll at least be able to have awesome dinner parties or something.

Yeah, this quote is great:

“I’ve always loved watching cooking shows and just always wanted to be a cook,â€￾ Sledge said. “I don’t have any specialties yet but next year I’ll be able to get into it more when I actually start to cook. Not that many schools have the Culinary Arts major so that had a big impact on my decision.â€￾

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Due to our "cyclone luck", Geoffrey will probably be announcing next week that due to budget cuts the culinary arts program will be dropped.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Due to our "cyclone luck", Geoffrey will probably be announcing next week that due to budget cuts the culinary arts program will be dropped.

What culinary arts? Iowa State only offers "HRIM" and "Dietetics". I guess I took few culinary arts related courses for my HRIM major.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It's interesting to have guys on the team that aren't in typical "athlete majors". Isn't Royce pursuing a music major?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Be like Bo I guess. Bo Jackson is a successful chef after his athletic career ended. He looks like it too.

caustic217

Apr 25, 2009
The Cyclone State
What culinary arts? Iowa State only offers "HRIM" and "Dietetics". I guess I took few culinary arts related courses for my HRIM major.

My girlfriend is about to graduate ISU with a Culinary Science degree. I guess it's a relatively new major. She's in one of the first, if not the very first, graduation classes.