Taylor Swift - Tortured Poets Department

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
You had me at “we’re preparing dinner.” :cool:

My husband prepares dinner by eating stuff before it’s done.
I like prepping and cooking by myself...then have my kids complain that they don't like (fill in any food here) and my wife opts for something else. That way, I get the solace of cooking alone and eating what I want.

• Love
Reactions: carvers4math

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This is so laughable. If kids like Taylor, it's because they're listening with their parents.

Related - Lots of parents are big mad that a 34 yo woman has swear words and references to sex on her latest album.

omg, had a relative who took young kids to the concert and upset about all the cursing by the opener "Taylor needs to know her demographic better" ...................just nod and smile. I aim very curious if they let the kids listen to the new one lol.

Reactions: MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
omg, had a relative who took young kids to the concert and upset about all the cursing by the opener "Taylor needs to know her demographic better" ...................just nod and smile. I aim very curious if they let the kids listen to the new one lol.

I honestly don't think kids will like the new album. I'm not even sure most teens will "get" it. I understand why some of Taylor's past radio hits have had appeal with the younger demo (catchy, fun, etc.), but TTPD is more like therapy than fun.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
People need to stop pretending that her demographic is only kids. There are a TON of 30-somethings that are proud Swifties.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
People need to stop pretending that her demographic is only kids. There are a TON of 30-somethings that are proud Swifties.

It was a little wild to me that they were making the argument that the under 18 crowd was the target demo when Swift has been on the radio 2-3x their number of years on this Earth. Sorry but I'm her target demo. I was 17 or so when she hit the radio. Good friend just hit 40 and adores the new album. Swift definitely makes some bops but ..........she's not Trix, she's not just for kids!

Reactions: Cyclonsin and MJ29

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
From Billboard magazine regarding sales/streaming over the first six days of release:

As previously reported, The Tortured Poets Department, released on Republic Records, has, after its first six days of release, broken the single-week streaming record in the U.S. for an album, according to initial reports to Luminate, as the 31 songs across its deluxe edition generated 799 million on-demand official streams in the U.S. April 19-24.

Plus, The Tortured Poets Department earned 2.5 million equivalent album units in the U.S. in its first six days. Of that sum, traditional album sales comprise 1.85 million.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I went to her concert film in the theater. Twice.

Don't hate on me.

The theater was packed both times with young families/preteen and teenage girls. The first time they even all went down in front of the screen and sang and danced with one another.

It was adorable.

Anyways, they had a much stronger reaction to her poppy and generally earlier stuff...

"You Need to Calm Down"
"You Belong with Me"
"Delicate"
"22"
"We are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
"I Knew You Were Trouble"
"Shake It Off"
"Anti-Hero"

The teenage girls seemed to have an especially strong thing for "All Too Well." All four chords of it. Again. And again. And again. And again. That she's used a thousand times already.

Than they did to her more obscure or "mature" stuff...

"Champagne Problems"
"Betty"
"The Last Great American Dynasty"
"Cardigan"
"Blank Space"
"Wildest Dreams"
"You're on Your Own, Kid"
"Lavender Haze"
"Midnight Rain"

etc.