MLB: TBS Broadcasts

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
- How are Tony Gwynn, Ron Darling and **** Stockton all fitting in that booth? I have seen those broadcast booths and they are tiny... Thats three pretty beefy guys...

quote]

I actually like Ron Darling a lot. He does most of the mets games. Lots of insider info. The best part is he pitched in the pros some, so he knows what he is talking about. However, he is not a hall of famer so he doesn't talk just to hear himself. Plus he sets up the others pretty well. (Plays to Keith Hernandez' ego pretty well during met games.)

IMHO 3 guys in the booth for baseball is 1 to many

I actually like 3 people. Otherwise you are stuck with people like Mark Grace talking about weird stuff in order to fill an awkward silence.:confused:

Last edited:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was hoping somehow they could wind up with Steve Stone in the booth for the Cubs game. Not even sure if that was possible.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I could listen to Gwynn talk about hitting all day long too... I hope kids are paying attention because he was giving some hitting tips that would cost alot of money to get elsewhere...

Are you a little surprised he is not coaching somewhere?

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Does Stockton's accent bother anyone else? Maybe I was just upset cause they were playing bad but if **** talked about the Cubs' AIRWAS one more time I was going to lose it.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I agree w/ the others, Tony Gwynn is awesome to listen to about hitting. Steve Stone's pitching knowledge would be better than Darling but Ron is good too. I love listening to Steve Stone talking about how the pitcher is setting the batter up for his out pitch..."he's going to throw the splitter here to induce the double play..." Steve is right a lot of the time! I've enjoyed the coverage but wish we were seeing the same Cubs team we've seen all year!

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The studio crew has been a riot. Ernie is trying to treat it like the TBS NBA crew, Eck is a nut and Cal is absolutely awesome. Only weakness is Granderson but he hasn't been that bad...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm a little disappointed with the crew for the ALCS, would have rather seen Caray and two of either Reynolds, Gwynn and Smoltz. Darling and Martinez might have been the worst of the bunch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron