Test

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
Grew up in Dunlap but have lived in Omaha for 40 years. Retired teacher now. It would be a lot of fun here during football season if I were a Husker fan, but that is not going to happen

Reactions: Cyclonic1

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Dunlap is a great town...tenderloin is great at the Dairy Sweet...spent many days as a kid belly up to to drug store fountain drinking green rivers.

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
Dunlap is a great town...tenderloin is great at the Dairy Sweet...spent many days as a kid belly up to to drug store fountain drinking green rivers.
Not much there now. I was there two weeks ago for my 45 year high school reunion. Population has dipped to under 1,000. You must have lived there or close by at one time

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Dunlap is an awesome little town. My annual summer trip to Dunlap involves a Dairy Sweet tenderloin for lunch, 18 holes of golf, and dinner at the Gold Slipper.

Reactions: Terry Frazier

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Grew up in Dunlap but have lived in Omaha for 40 years. Retired teacher now. It would be a lot of fun here during football season if I were a Husker fan, but that is not going to happen
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Not much there now. I was there two weeks ago for my 45 year high school reunion. Population has dipped to under 1,000. You must have lived there or close by at one time

family is from there...still are...my parents still go back once a month or so to have a sandwhich at the dairy sweet...my college roommate was from Denison as well so spent time in both areas.

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
family is from there...still are...my parents still go back once a month or so to have a sandwhich at the dairy sweet...my college roommate was from Denison as well so spent time in both areas.
I am sure I know much of your family then. I was in Dunlap Memorial weekend to decorate my parents grave and to attend my 45 year high school reunion at the golf course.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I've spent a lot of time at Dunlap Livestock and grew up/an from 40 minutes away. IMO, if it weren't for the sale barn, the town would be much smaller and dead by now!

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
I've spent a lot of time at Dunlap Livestock and grew up/an from 40 minutes away. IMO, if it weren't for the sale barn, the town would be much smaller and dead by now!
There isn't nearly as much there as many years ago. Once was 3 grocery stores, now 1. When I left there were 3 places to eat a full breakfast, now none. Numerous other businesses that no longer exist.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
There isn't nearly as much there as many years ago. Once was 3 grocery stores, now 1. When I left there were 3 places to eat a full breakfast, now none. Numerous other businesses that no longer exist.

Just like my home town. Use to have a grocery store, 3 gas stations, 2 repair shops,3 places to eat lunch/dinner.

Now there is 1 bar/grill and 1 gas station and that's it.

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011

I grew up in Ute. Lots of changes in the all of the small towns. Charter Oak-Ute and Dunlap had some pretty good FB & BB matchups in the 70's & 80's.

Reactions: Terry Frazier

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I grew up in Ute. Lots of changes in the all of the small towns. Charter Oak-Ute and Dunlap had some pretty good FB & BB matchups in the 70's & 80's.

Wonder if the AK Corral is still going? We went there a lot when we wanted a buffet. Actual good home cooked food on a buffet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron