Texas game on Cyclones.tv

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Is there anything stopping ESPN from doing the same thing this year? They need LHN to make some money, so I would expect ESPN to do the same thing this year with a higher profile game, unless there is some contractual thing stopping them from doing so.
Even if they could do that they wouldn't. When they scheduled that last year I think they thought it was going to be a competitive game, but not the conference implications it ended up having. This will be the marquee conference game of the week most likely. ESPN doesnt want that high profile of a game on LHN.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If it is an ESPN first choice game, and ESPN decides to put the game on LHN, what do UT's rights matter?

LHN is a tier 3 platform. Again, Texas/LHN doesn't own tier 3 rights for a road game. Last year ESPN selected this as a tier 3 game. If this was a tier 3 game at Jack Trice Iowa State Cyclones TV would own the broadcast, not ESPN.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The Texas game last year was a first pick by ESPN that they placed on LHN. It was not a Tier 3 game. It counted against ESPN's inventory.

There likely will be no Cyclones.tv game. Also, the idea of putting the Texas game on Cyclones.tv is beyond stupid.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
There was some talk amongst us Cyclone Fanatics that it would be fun to retaliate the LHN by putting this game on Cyclones.tv. With FS1 picking up the UNI game does that mean we can make this happen? This would be the last chance before ESPN+ takes over.

"Retaliate" for one of the primary reasons the big 12 didn't implode in 2010? No thanks.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Only on CF would someone think that putting a potential Top Ten matchup on Cyclones.TV would be a good idea..,

Exactly. I want as many people as possible to see Iowa State punk Texa$ in Jack Trice Stadium this season.

Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron