Thanks Dan Mac

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
I just watched the "Meet Shane and Wally Burnham" (or however it is spelled) videos from cyclones.com and it sounds like we owe Dan Mac and big thank you. I'm one who is happy he is not our coach, but it wasn't because of the type of guy he is. I would love to have him back working with PR. If Chris Ash leaves, I wonder if he would ever consider returning. It seems like he is affiliated with a lot of people on the staff somehow.

Shane and Wally seem like the real deal as well.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
He is also to blame for Cris Ash possibly going to South Florida.

Oh, and McCarney is NOT COMING BACK

tysforcy

Sep 3, 2008
Des Moines
hmm...being a part of another National Championship team, or coming back and working under the AD who pushed you out the door a couple years ago...tough choice

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
McCarney won't be back and frankly, I am tired of people bringing it up. We should be thankful the guy still thinks very highly of ISU and is still willing to help out the football program by suggesting to other coaches how good of a place it is.

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
It really makes me laugh on how many of you don't want coach Mac as our coach and STILL bash him after he's gone. He was the best coach ISU has ever had, bowl games, people excited about ISU football, and HE LOVED IOWA STATE! I would sure take the Mac era over what we're going through right now.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
It really makes me laugh on how many of you don't want coach Mac as our coach and STILL bash him after he's gone. He was the best coach ISU has ever had, bowl games, people excited about ISU football, and HE LOVED IOWA STATE! I would sure take the Mac era over what we're going through right now.

It was time for a change..liked Mac, but I like Rhoads and the staff. I'm a big Jamie Pollard supporter. With the economy as it is, we are fortunate to have an administrator like him at the helm.

Reactions: zach

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
hmm...being a part of another National Championship team, or coming back and working under the AD who pushed you out the door a couple years ago...tough choice

Dan will never coach at ISU again, but we would be very lucky to have him come back as our AD when Pollard gets fired. Dan was the best and most tireless promoter and fundraiser our athletic department has ever had.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Were you around for the entire Mac era? It wasnt all roses. He isnt the best we ever had but he is the best we had the stayed with us. Mac had a great tenure, made a bunch of money and is well thought of by a lot of fans. Who knows, if he would have hired some of the Assistants that PR s getting he might have survived. He didnt or wouldnt and he lost his job due to loyalty. IMO. Great human being, great ambassador for ISU, okay coach is the way I would sum it up.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Umm...except Pollard
Just a hunch, but, I dont think Monty likes Jamie Pollard. Of course the rumor going around is that no one has ever seen Monty and McCarney in the same room together so this almost makes sense. Monty is actually DMac and is being subversive to get the AD job once he gets JP fired. I didnt want to beleive it but after MB's last post I think the cat is out of the bag.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
McCarney won't be back and frankly, I am tired of people bringing it up. We should be thankful the guy still thinks very highly of ISU and is still willing to help out the football program by suggesting to other coaches how good of a place it is.

Maybe we should return the favor and offer him some leads for a good lawyer to help his daughter. I still believe that there is a little gold to go along with the red running through DMAC's veins. If things don't turn around soon, I give it a couple more years, I could see him back vying for the AD position, that is if he doesn't have the passion to be a head coach.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Would take him as the AD (only if JP left for somewhere else)...don't want to see him anywhere near the sidelines however.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I just watched the "Meet Shane and Wally Burnham" (or however it is spelled) videos from cyclones.com and it sounds like we owe Dan Mac and big thank you. I'm one who is happy he is not our coach, but it wasn't because of the type of guy he is. I would love to have him back working with PR. If Chris Ash leaves, I wonder if he would ever consider returning. It seems like he is affiliated with a lot of people on the staff somehow.

Shane and Wally seem like the real deal as well.

He is also to blame for Cris Ash possibly going to South Florida.

Oh, and McCarney is NOT COMING BACK

No, that was Dave.

That's right, well we might hire Dave:jimlad:

Mac was undoubtably a class act. I really respect the way he still talks about ISU after leaving. I'm not sure how many guys still do that.

sdcyfan: This is every post in this thread up until yours. In which post was McCarney bashed? Nice job opening that can of worms.