The great washing machine debate

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Add another happy speed queen owner into the mix… bet we’ve had ours for 7-8 years now and wouldn’t go any other route with it.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
We have Maytag top loader model MVWB765FW3. It has an agitator, but not all wash cycles use it. Big enough to wash queen size quilts. It's been a good machine. It's HE - designed to use low water levels with high speed spin cycle.

Fisher and Paykel (I think now owned by China's Haier) was from New Zealand and had to design washers that used little water as their customers (Aussies) were often in remote dry areas. Elements of their designs sold well enough in the U.S. that the big boys had to adopt some of their features to keep market share. Our previous machine for 10 years was an F&P and the Maytag is a more modern version of it.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Another vote for Speed Queen. A few warnings: 1. be careful with delicate items. They can destroy them if you're not careful. 2. Use a low sudsing soap (H/E works good) or you'll have suds overflowing your drain. 3. They are definitely not high efficiency:)

I'm having suds issues too. The guy at Archer said to just use less soap. Most people use too much. Oddly enough, the usage recommendations are made by the people selling you soap. If you're conspiracy-minded, i guess.

• Funny
Reactions: matclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Went with the TC5 Speed Queen pair and they're great. Washed our black comforter yesterday and it's actually black again. Super impressed and would highly recommend.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

Help Support Us

Become a patron