• No

Votes: 25 33.3%

• Total voters

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Are any of those pieces retractable so that it could be closed or opened depending on temperature and weather conditions?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Another point of reference is the Lotus Temple in Delhi, India. Much lesser known in American than the Sydney Opera House, but still rather amazing. It is crazy coming up on this after navigating the rest of Delhi.

1709705697417.png

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Outfielders, hitters, and catchers are going to hate that park. What a horrible batters eye and all the overhead stuff is going to make tracking fly balls really difficult.

Last edited:

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Looks like a fly ball nightmare, similar to the crappy Tropicana Field in Tampa.

Mar 21, 2021
Used to walk down Sheffield Ave. from my apt. and scalp a ticket for $5 to soak in a Cubs game. Very pleasant. I wouldn't pay to see a game in Vegas.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Just kinda curious about an open air stadium in Vegas. Sure, it’ll have a canopy. But when it’s 110 degrees throughout July and August, are you going to play daytime games anyways? I’d think the players’ union would have a rule against this sort of thing.
The AAA Las Vegas Aviators have a standard open air stadium. It’s a hitter’s paradise.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
**** JOHN FISHER!

Rob Manfred as well.
I mean if Oakland fans showed up instead of having 200 people at a game I'd agree. Even when the Royals are dog s*** they get relatively decent crowds.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I mean if Oakland fans showed up instead of having 200 people at a game I'd agree. Even when the Royals are dog s*** they get relatively decent crowds.
This is a long, sordid tale, but ownership got exactly the attendance they were shooting for. They’d have no trouble filling a new stadium without a gold digging prick for an owner.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Yes, it looks like a fake Sydney Opera House, but then again Vegas already has a fake New York skyline, a fake Statue of Liberty and a fake Eiffel Tower. It fits right in.
It feels like Vegas is moving more towards "innovation" and new ideas lately. e.g. The Sphere

I think this look really cool. Love it.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The Royals are in the bottom 4th in attendance every year, the only thing making them look good crowd wise is Oakland, Miami and St. Pete. KC is a football town, and the Royals just struggle getting people to go to their games during the week. The biggest mistake the Royals made was not jumping at the chance to switch leagues and get 9 home games a year with the Cubs and Cards, but they wanted to keep those 3 games hosting Boston and the Yankees and it was a mistake.
They will get a little bump from moving downtown, but they just have never developed that regional market size like the Cardinals and Cubs have, they have very few Royals fans in Iowa, even though it's an easy drive down to their games.

Reactions: sdillon500

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The Royals are in the bottom 4th in attendance every year, the only thing making them look good crowd wise is Oakland, Miami and St. Pete. KC is a football town, and the Royals just struggle getting people to go to their games during the week. The biggest mistake the Royals made was not jumping at the chance to switch leagues and get 9 home games a year with the Cubs and Cards, but they wanted to keep those 3 games hosting Boston and the Yankees and it was a mistake.
They will get a little bump from moving downtown, but they just have never developed that regional market size like the Cardinals and Cubs have, they have very few Royals fans in Iowa, even though it's an easy drive down to their games.

The attendance problem for the Royals is that they put out a terrible on field product year after year. When the team is already out of it by the time the weather really warms up in early May, attendance suffers.

In 2014, 15, and 16 when the team was competitive attendance was good.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
0% chance it's built as pictured.

As mentioned, this rough would be a nightmare for fly balls. That scoreboard, while neat looking from home plate, would be nearly useless for anyone sitting on the 1st base line and truly useless for anyone in RF. And, lastly, the development of the site also includes the new Bally's hotel at the corner of Tropicana and the strip, which would block any view out of that giant window.

Cool concept, though.

Reactions: exCYtable

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Wait, this is gonna be open air? Those aren't glass panels?
I don't think so. Believe the ESPN article mentioned the OF view of Vegas skyline is glass. Could be some of those vertical glass panels are movable to create open air environment.

I like the look. But seems like structure could create some odd shadows and maybe odd airflows.