The last week in Morgantown = trouble

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
In the Kansas State game, he got called for violating the cylinder rule, whistle was blown, but the guy with the ball went up for a shot and Stevenson tried to block it from behind and ended up hitting the guy in the face, so they gave him a T for that.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He really overdid it too, looks like The Jesus in Big Lebowski.

It was so ridiculous I think it was worth a T. Esp when he had already been T'd up for taunting, you're kind of on double secret probation.
He hadn't been T'd up before in that game if that is what you are saying. Two Technicals and you are disqualified and he played a few minutes more before getting foul #5.

• Informative
Reactions: CascadeClone

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That gesture on its own probably doesn't get him T'd up but I'm guessing there were lots of other things that happened throughout the game and it sounds like he could have a bit of a reputation

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That gesture on its own probably doesn't get him T'd up but I'm guessing there were lots of other things that happened throughout the game and it sounds like he could have a bit of a reputation
Yes, he has a reputation and he was pushing the line every time he got whistled for any thing that entire game. I'm sure the refs had enough of him and were more than happy to have something that would justify T'ing him up.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Chris Spatola kept saying that: he has a reputation. Meaning that contributed to him getting t'd up.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-08-at-7.07.08-PM-e1541726615875.png

Reactions: CloniesForLife

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Chris Spatola kept saying that: he has a reputation. Meaning that contributed to him getting t'd up.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-08-at-7.07.08-PM-e1541726615875.png
He's not wrong.

However I think Spatola is one of the worst announcers as far as latching on to something and repeating it over and over again. Not like Dukie V and his catch phrases but some insight he makes in a game and then he feels like he needs to bring it up again and again throughout the game.

Not a fan.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He's not wrong.

However I think Spatola is one of the worst announcers as far as latching on to something and repeating it over and over again. Not like Dukie V and his catch phrases but some insight he makes in a game and then he feels like he needs to bring it up again and again throughout the game.

Not a fan.
Spatola is both good and bad borderline irritating at times. I like ex-Poke Bryndon Manzer for his knowledgeable, objective, low-key (me) commentary.
evc_NCB_20160220_Baylor_vs_Texas_33614dc08fed42129cb02114e17ea314.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sounds like a classic example of play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If Huggins is threatening kicking him off the team you know it’s bad.
He knows he's near the end of coaching most likely, so why put up with it?

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Watching coach Huggins on the bench Saturday here in Manhattan, he didn't look well. A lot of the tactical coaching was left to his lead assistant. He seldom left the stool even to get after the refs in his customary way.

Now in the HOF, I would not be surprised to see him hang it up. There is little else to accomplish in his illustrious career. He's not winning a national championship this late at that school.

5e41e07ddac6c.image.jpg

Last edited:

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Watching coach Huggins on the bench Saturday here in Manhattan, he didn't look well. A lot of the tactical coaching was left to his lead assistant. He seldom left the stool even to get after the refs in his customary way.

Now in the HOF, I would not be surprised to see him hang it up. There is little else to accomplish in his illustrious career. He's not winning a national championship this late at that school.

5e41e07ddac6c.image.jpg
He’s the type that will die after retiring. That might lead him to stick around longer.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Big12 reffing this year hasn't been horrible but watching TCU UT last night, they're letting a lot of post shot celebrations slide this year. Imagine NIL changes that a bit.

But also saw 4-5 arm clears on drives that didn't get called.

One super egregious carry, but even those are pretty loose.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron