The Official ISU / UNI Game thread

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love McD, and I love what he is trying to do at Iowa State...but he just has to learn that the best players have to be out on the floor in order to win, and thats what it comes down to. He is putting 11-12 guys a game, its a good thing to have depth, but most of that is unneeded depth. Peterson is not a D-1 player, the only thing that hes got is a 3pt shot. He is just getting hassled with the ball...this offense looks 10 times better with Garret out there.

On a postitive note Wesley looked great out there, I didn't expect much from him today because he was said to be 70%, but he was shooting pretty much lights out.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Boozer needs a big confidence boost before he sees much playing time.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Losing to UNI at Home with basketball and Football is like getting schooled by your 8th grade little brother's friend when you are a senior in Highschool. I could maybe understand on the road, but in Ames is unacceptable. I don't want to hear they are #1 in the Suck-Division or They are good program etc. Defend them all you want, but if we are going to constantly lose to UNI, Drake and Bradely then we are going to most llikey have a crappy season.
You just don't lose to these teams and I expect to not see this happen anymore in a year or two. Unacceptable. Especially with UNI missing 2 of their main guards. I expect to see a 10-20 point win at home and us getting a fight from them on the road. This has to kill GMAC losing to all his friends like that.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I wonder why Boozer didn't play? I am sure 3-4 players will leave and we will have brand new guard court next year so it doesn't matter anyway. Oh well. Lets go get the next one.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I love McD, and I love what he is trying to do at Iowa State...but he just has to learn that the best players have to be out on the floor in order to win, and thats what it comes down to. He is putting 11-12 guys a game, its a good thing to have depth, but most of that is unneeded depth. Peterson is not a D-1 player, the only thing that hes got is a 3pt shot. He is just getting hassled with the ball...this offense looks 10 times better with Garret out there.

On a postitive note Wesley looked great out there, I didn't expect much from him today because he was said to be 70%, but he was shooting pretty much lights out.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.....I've been saying the same thing. He is so erratic with his substitution pattern.

cy1225

Oct 6, 2007
Could ISU hire Morgan to the basketball staff to recruit some players. I guess Pollard would not go for that.

lomashad

Oct 19, 2006
Mac's teams beat themselves. We are too predictable on offense with good players. let alone walk-ons. I'm sick of losing!!!! Play the best players, I don't care if it is only 8guys. We have 3 guys who shoudn't play at all!!!

tufnel

Oct 22, 2006

Best post of the night!! we are in a postion where we need to let the most talented players learn on the floor, I think.

Garrett
Wesley (if healthy)
Clark
Brackins
Jiri (til he fouls out)

they all need SERIOUS minutes...let them work through their mistakes!! This will be no less frustrating however...be forewarned

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Mac's teams beat themselves. We are too predictable on offense with good players. let alone walk-ons. I'm sick of losing!!!! Play the best players, I don't care if it is only 8guys. We have 3 guys who shoudn't play at all!!!

It's been a problem getting our best players on the court at the same time. Tonight it was early foul trouble.

Here are our top guys:

1. Wes
2. Brackins
3. Clark
4. Hubalek
5. Garrett

How many minutes have they played together as a unit? Not very many, for a variety of reasons. It's gonna get better, but I understand the frustration.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron