The Official ISU / UNI Game thread

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
This is very disturbing. Coaching has to accept some responsibility because we are failing at some fundamental principles.

Free throws: UNI 14-16 ISU 5-9. UNI made more free throws then we attempted. This is largely due to the fact that this team settles for jump shots as opposed to getting the ball to the basket.

Rebounding: UNI 39 ISU 28. Absolutely unforgiveable to get outrebounded by 11 against UNI.

Fouls UNI 15 ISU 20. This is another indication that we fail to attempt to get the ball to the basket.

I find these statistics very troubling at this stage of the season.

Last edited:

tufnel

Oct 22, 2006
Alright, just to preface, I think Mac was a good hire. We scored 48 points tonight. ...not unlike early seasons under Larry, but his teams were at least very strong rebounding and 'developing' defensive teams. This is what is scaring me a little. Mac still doesn't have all his players in his system, so you have to give him time here, but this is the first game I was really bothered about losing this year. We should not lose to an 'average at best' UNI team......holding out hope...SERENITY NOW!!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Best part of the night was when Wesley was announced during starting lineups... the place was rockin.