*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DistrictCyclone

When the playoff system is finalized, all hell will break loose.

I agree; nothing substantial will happen until then (by mid-June), but I'm sure everyone's getting their ducks in a row right now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I think that's actually double what Boise State had previously got, and they were on TV a ton. BSU fans floating 1.8 million a year as their current conference TV revenue.

Not saying I'm a fan of BSU keeping the Big East on life support, but it'll probably work for them unless the MWC signs a new deal that's within 20% of that. Maybe they will, I can't even pretend to know.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
What's that building called that is in the middle of Hilton parking lot?
super-troopers-shenanigans.gif

Reactions: CyFan61

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I think that's actually double what Boise State had previously got, and they were on TV a ton. BSU fans floating 1.8 million a year as their current conference TV revenue.

Not saying I'm a fan of BSU keeping the Big East on life support, but it'll probably work for them unless the MWC signs a new deal that's within 20% of that. Maybe they will, I can't even pretend to know.

How angry must Rutgers, UConn, and Louisville fans be at Pitt? From what I remember, Pitt pushed to turn down the $130million extension and then bolted to ACC. Now these schools may end up with half of amount.

Isn't Rutgers' AD one of the worst financially? Thought I remember they depend for quite a bit of $ from the university. Now scale back their TV money and watch the slide back to mediocrity.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
The full comments sound a lot better than those tweeted excerpts... the tweets make it sound like Clemson is more ACC leaning, the full comments seem more like regent-speak.

Sorry, I was following #clemson on Twitter to see the news about the board meeting. Didn't see the article with full comments. Was just sharing what I read.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
LandThieves ‏@LandThieves 3 to 8 million is the high estimate for the new Big East deal.ISU could buy and sell Big East teams like facebook stock

LOL

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
From West Virginia message board. No idea who this guy is, how he is connected, or if he knows anything he is saying. Just thought I would share.

Posted: Today 9:46 AM
RE: FSU agrees in principle... UPDATE 05/23/12

Finally got some news regarding the BOT meeting at Clemson yesterday.
Not a huge shocker that nothing huge was announced. i was told to expect at the most that they would publicly say they were exploring their options which is basically what they just stopped short of saying.
Denial city for the next few weeks guys.
Just a few intersting things
-Raycom as a word carries the same reverence in Clemson BOT as Voldemort does at Hogwarts.
-analysis was shown for the open market value of Clemson's Tier 3(one fb game, 20 bball games-men and women) and the estimates were very positive(around $7 million per year)
-ACC bylaws are very unclear on the process for exiting. The entire process is a financial nightmare allegedly. Something about the exit fees needing to be paid 50%in full to an escrow account before any university can begin formal talks with another conference or suffer a contract breach and be liable for damages not covered by the exit fee.
-Let me make this as clear as I can-Clemson's BOT are salivating over the move

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If I was a school and could show my one football game and 20 bball games for $7Mm, I would be salivating also. The B12 in not giving away Tier 3 rights has a wonderful plus as a conference.

Clemson Tigers>>>>>>Mizzou Tough Rain Tigers
Florida State>>>>>>Texass Jars

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
To me, what the Clemson BOT said was as good as saying they are gone.

I think the Big 12 and SEC are working together in this thing, I really do.

End game will be 2 16 team leagues, with semi final round games in conference to determine conference champions, which will meet in the new bowl game. I think there will probably be Big 12 / SEC challenge series in both football and basketball. All of it will lead to huge money for both conferences.

Reactions: JP4CY

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
To me, what the Clemson BOT said was as good as saying they are gone.

I think the Big 12 and SEC are working together in this thing, I really do.

End game will be 2 16 team leagues, with semi final round games in conference to determine conference champions, which will meet in the new bowl game. I think there will probably be Big 12 / SEC challenge series in both football and basketball. All of it will lead to huge money for both conferences.

If 16 teams are the end game.....I wonder who the hell the Pac12 would be able to add? Talk about being on an island.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I was a school and could show my one football game and 20 bball games for $7Mm, I would be salivating also. The B12 in not giving away Tier 3 rights has a wonderful plus as a conference.

Clemson Tigers>>>>>>Mizzou Tough Rain Tigers
Florida State>>>>>>Texass Jars

The catch is access. There needs to be some kind of deal for at least internet access to other B12 schools for conference games.

Especially if LHN has no providers in Iowa, ISU games on LHN should be able to stream on cyclones.tv. I'd even settle for a reasonable one time ppv online fee or the ability to buy one week or month of online from another B12 school.

It's just idiotic if there is NO WAY to watch in massive chunks of the nation. If it's a conference game, fans of conference teams should be able to watch with an internet connection or deluxe sports package sat/cable somehow.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If 16 teams are the end game.....I wonder who the hell the Pac12 would be able to add? Talk about being on an island.

They could add 2-4 decent athletic department fits easily if they'd stop pretending Washington State is the MIT of the west.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry, I was following #clemson on Twitter to see the news about the board meeting. Didn't see the article with full comments. Was just sharing what I read.

No apology necessary, didn't mean that as a criticism of you at all. I had already seen those tweets and thought 'damn, that doesn't sound good' and then read the full comments which had a decidedly different tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.