The Trev Alberts Trophy?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No way is that a coincidence. No way.
Do people honestly believe of all the things to develop a narrative the committee thought of this. No one outside of Nebraska and weirdly Iowa give two ***** about or even know who Trev Albert’s is. Nobody cares about ADs.

Really strange that people on here think this is some narrative worthy of the committee trying to do this on purpose.
“I wasn’t planning to watch this game but the AD going from one team to the other is going to make that game spicy” said absolute no one ever.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do people honestly believe of all the things to develop a narrative the committee thought of this. No one outside of Nebraska and weirdly Iowa give two ***** about or even know who Trev Albert’s is. Nobody cares about ADs.

Really strange that people on here think this is some narrative worthy of the committee trying to do this on purpose.
“I wasn’t planning to watch this game but the AD going from one team to the other is going to make that game spicy” said absolute no one ever.
I 100% believe the committee tries to make some spicy matchups from a coaching/AD perspective.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

There sure are a lot of those random "coincidences" lining up so we play TJs former team in the first round and potentially Drake in the next round. And nevermind a year ago when a transfer out played us in the first round

Reactions: Craig4IState

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

They literally just rank the teams 1-68 and a computer generates the schedule based off of factors like being conference opponents and what not.

• Disagree
Reactions: twincyties

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There sure are a lot of those random "coincidences" lining up so we play TJs former team in the first round and potentially Drake in the next round. And nevermind a year ago when a transfer out played us in the first round
KU-Wichita in 2015

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Those things are actually narratives. You can actually talk for a few minutes about a coach facing his former team. You can actually get some excitement from the potential of two teams 30 miles apart playing.

An AD moves is completely uninteresting to everyone outside of Nebraska and oddly Iowa.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I 100% believe the committee tries to make some spicy matchups from a coaching/AD perspective.
Coaching, probably. Location/rivalries, probably.

AD moves? No. Nobody cares about ADs. They aren’t a story.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
KU-Wichita in 2015
Potential second round matchup this year of BYU and Illinois. One university has an honor code that bars consensual premarital coitus and the was sued by it's own player so he could play while under investigation for forcible non-consent.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
No way is that a coincidence. No way.
Part of me can believe that some of the match-ups and story lines could really come across as fabricated, but I also try to remember that the committee members can't just rattle off where Otz coached before ISU and his ties to SDSU for example. Plus OTZ was last there in 2019. Thats kind of a long time ago.

Or the possibility of Drake and ISU playing. Drake is probably an underdog and there are only so many 7 and 10 seeds in the bracket to put elsewhere.

Plus its easy for the local story lines to quickly be put together for us, as is the same for other teams around the bracket.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

The selection committee itself is comprised of nothing but ADs, including our very own JP. So yes, they do care about other ADs, because those are their peers and whom they know the best in this industry.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The selection committee itself is comprised of nothing but ADs, including our very own JP. So yes, they do care about other ADs, because those are their peers and whom they know the best in this industry.
Of course, but do you really think they would purposely get Neb and A&M together because more people will watch due to an AD going from one school to the other? If so, they are even dumber than their selections show they are. The only people that would care or even know about it are already watching. They have enough requirements and restrictions in matchups, they aren’t going to rig it to get a matchup that will add exactly zero viewers.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Of course, but do you really think they would purposely get Neb and A&M together because more people will watch due to an AD going from one school to the other? If so, they are even dumber than their selections show they are. The only people that would care or even know about it are already watching. They have enough requirements and restrictions in matchups, they aren’t going to rig it to get a matchup that will add exactly zero viewers.
I would agree, it’s a stretch to consider the talking points as a reasoning behind that choice. And there’s nothing rigged about it.

Yet if those two school are given those seed lines, then it becomes a much simpler and entertaining decision by the selection committee to mess with those two universities that often do not play nice with other institutions.