"The U"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Anybody watching this? Real interesting film on ESPN right now about building the U of Miami program from absolutely nowhere.

I love stories that show how something impossible can be done, even where it had never been done before.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Right now, they're talking about that 58-7 beatdown over Notre Dame in Faust's last game.

I'm pretty sure that Miami and plenty of schools have pounded schools that aren't Notre Dame. Was that really somehow worse, doing it to Notre Dame?

Good night. I cheer for anybody that plays for Nebraska after those historical beatings we call the 1980s and 1990s.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Right now, they're talking about that 58-7 beatdown over Notre Dame in Faust's last game.

I'm pretty sure that Miami and plenty of schools have pounded schools that aren't Notre Dame. Was that really somehow worse, doing it to Notre Dame?

Good night. I cheer for anybody that plays for Nebraska after those historical beatings we call the 1980s and 1990s.

Notre Dame deserved to get the score run up on them...they'd been doing it to teams for years and did so for many years after. Their holier-than-thou attitude makes me sick...god forbid anyone embarrass Notre Dame...teams should just roll over and play dead against the mighty Irish :jimlad:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Notre Dame deserved to get the score run up on them...they'd been doing it to teams for years and did so for many years after. Their holier-than-thou attitude makes me sick...god forbid anyone embarrass Notre Dame...teams should just roll over and play dead against the mighty Irish :jimlad:

I don't remember hearing anything when it's happened to us.

Prank calls to Oklahoma the night before the game, that's funny.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I'm right at the spot where they kicked OU's ***; the most interesting part of this is how Schnellenberger went into the inner city to get kids to play for him.

Cyberclone

Aug 6, 2006
Yeah this is really interesting.

What is interesting, is nobody is saying how they got all those guys
academically eligible. It is an interesting program, but I'm not buying
that is was all above board. Seems more like a promotional video for Miami.

Cyberclone

Aug 6, 2006
Anyone else think, Kosar, may have gotten his bell rung a few too many times? He
kind of seems like an old homeless guy.:wideeyed:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Great doccumentary!

What a dirty team they were. I liked to hear it from their side, though.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Especially when he came in a couple years ago and was praised as a clean, class act.

By the way did anyone see the D.Johnson tackle at the end? I wish they would have interviewed the Rock! I would much rather listen to him than Shockey.

I was also suprised one of the dirtiest players I ever saw (Warren Sapp) was pretty silently left out of the movie wasn't he?

I was thinking that about Shannon, too.

As the film went on, some of those guys should have talked less and less. Luther Campbell started in the scandal portion by playing coy (even though he made it pretty obvious he was handing out cash), and then admitting it, and feeling pretty proud of it.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
As I understand it, the University of Miami wasn't happy about this documentary and encouraged former players not to be interviewed.