Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
A full Jack Trice Stadium.

Based on the past 2 opening days, coming off of bad seasons, I wouldn't worry about that. We had a full house in '08 and '09.

For me, it's easy: FINISH DRIVES.

I don't need a ton of points, because I want to see us pound the ball on the ground all night long, just chewing up tons of clock. I want us to DOMINATE time of possession, and be perfect inside the red zone.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
True but he didnt step up when we needed him.

He played well in our close games, leading what should have been the game tying drive against KSU and killing the clock against CU and Minnesota picking up first downs. He did all we could ask on that final drive against KSU, unless you want to blame the blocked kick on him.

Against KU, it's hard to blame him for that pass. He was lucky to get it off without being sacked, let alone complete it. I would have loved to see us get that obviously, but he made a hell of a play to just not get sacked.

He played like dog crap against Iowa, and OSU (but he had a busted hand). IMO, one of AA's strengths his play late in the game.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
My class getting over before 6 o'clock is number one.

Number would be not giving up tons of yards on the ground. If we get run all over by NIU then we are in trouble against Iowa in game number 2 and for the rest of the year.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
He played well in our close games, leading what should have been the game tying drive against KSU and killing the clock against CU and Minnesota picking up first downs. He did all we could ask on that final drive against KSU, unless you want to blame the blocked kick on him.

Against KU, it's hard to blame him for that pass. He was lucky to get it off without being sacked, let alone complete it. I would have loved to see us get that obviously, but he made a hell of a play to just not get sacked.

He played like dog crap against Iowa, and OSU (but he had a busted hand). IMO, one of AA's strengths his play late in the game.

I was extremely disappointed with his playing last year. When was the last impressive game he had, that ISU won??

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I was extremely disappointed with his playing last year. When was the last impressive game he had, that ISU won??

Outside of 2 plays he was pretty damn good in the Insight Bowl. Completed over 70% of his passes, made some HUGE 3rd and long conversions with his arms and legs in the first half, and was able to pick up multiple 1st downs late in the game to kill the clock.

For a guy who was learning his 3rd offense in 4 years, and had a broken hand at mid season, I was impressed.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Based on the past 2 opening days, coming off of bad seasons, I wouldn't worry about that. We had a full house in '08 and '09.

For me, it's easy: FINISH DRIVES.

I don't need a ton of points, because I want to see us pound the ball on the ground all night long, just chewing up tons of clock. I want us to DOMINATE time of possession, and be perfect inside the red zone.

Ok, after seeing that student ticket thread, I'm just praying for 45,000. I can't understand why our attendance would be so low when we've had good attendance for 3-4 years in a row.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
NIU's offense and defense are a lot like EIU. So this game seems like a test run against the dark side. So, I would like to see some deep passes, good decision making by AA, solid run defense, good tackling, good special teams coverage, pass & punt protection, less than 4 penalties, no injuries, no turnovers. If we succeed in all these areas (not easy) , I think our chances are decent for going 4-0.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Outside of 2 plays he was pretty damn good in the Insight Bowl. Completed over 70% of his passes, made some HUGE 3rd and long conversions with his arms and legs in the first half, and was able to pick up multiple 1st downs late in the game to kill the clock.

For a guy who was learning his 3rd offense in 4 years, and had a broken hand at mid season, I was impressed.

he threw two interceptions in the insight bowl. nothing real impressive about that. and when did he have a broken hand?? sprained maybe. and thank the lord he did hit his hand on a Baylor helmet i doubt we beat Nebraska with him in there.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
he threw two interceptions in the insight bowl. nothing real impressive about that. and when did he have a broken hand?? sprained maybe. and thank the lord he did hit his hand on a Baylor helmet i doubt we beat Nebraska with him in there.

I'm not even going to bother arguing here. You see the facts but choose to ignore them. Your last sentence is just ********. We probably win that game by 20 points w/him and A-Rob.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
I'm not even going to bother arguing here. You see the facts but choose to ignore them. Your last sentence is just ********. We probably win that game by 20 points w/him and A-Rob.

NOW thats stupid. In no world dose ISU win by 20. Tiller did something in that game that is really impressive. he didnt throw any interceptions against what some could argue was the best defense in the big 12. and i said nothing about A-Rob.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010

Were you his doctor? How the hell can you tell the difference between the two unless you see an x-ray?