Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah, preseason #2 is WAY FUN

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I sure hope, though, that more than 5 out of 16 teams would be ranked. Need BYU, TTU, TCU and maybe Utah to step up. Maybe even WVU can make a big turnaround.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I don’t think we will end up that high after rosters settle. I’ll take my best guess at preseason #7. This has to be a great selling point to transfers. We aren’t selling playing time and hope, we are selling championships and going pro after.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don’t think we will end up that high after rosters settle. I’ll take my best guess at preseason #7. This has to be a great selling point to transfers. We aren’t selling playing time and hope, we are selling championships and going pro after.

I'd settle for #7. but I'll ride with #2 right now.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I think even before rosters settle #2 would be higher than most people would say. I'd guess right around where you would guess. A few folks will probably have Iowa State as a borderline top 5 team in the preseason, but the vast majority should have us top 10.

This won't be a fun place after the first unexpected loss next season. Some fans have a tendency to... overreact to such things.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think even before rosters settle #2 would be higher than most people would say. I'd guess right around where you would guess. A few folks will probably have Iowa State as a borderline top 5 team in the preseason, but the vast majority should have us top 10.

This won't be a fun place after the first unexpected loss next season. Some fans have a tendency to... overreact to such things.
Loss?????

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Try being behind in the first five minutes or if the team doesn't 'put them away' in the first half because of a nice lead.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I love that we’re #2 here and I definitely believe we’re a top 5 team, but this list just gives me the feeling of major clickbait. I know the teams in the F4 lose a lot next year but I feel like it’s pretty light on blue-bloods

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I went back yesterday and watched the highlights of the KU game, which was January 27 and it was pretty cool to think we only lost three more games after that, one of which was the next game @ Baylor.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
This is the first time that I can remember that these polls came out before the national championship game. Usually they come out that night after the game if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Drew0311

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Other than maybe Houston every #1 team this year had frequent “meltdown” losses through early and middle if the season.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

It's a weird place to be for the first time ever in modern history. All the blue bloods know you're going to lose sometimes. We're definitely going to have people who throw out the baby, the bathwater and the tub the first time ISU is on the short end at the buzzer.

Help Support Us

Become a patron