ticket prices to big twelve title game

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Just picked up 2 uppers for $300 off KC craigslist.

thats a steal compared to what else is out there

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
This is the exact reason why people should buy their tickets ahead of time. The idea of buying from session to session is a major risk. I had an individual buy 4 lower levels from me before the tournament started for $525 per all-session ticket. Those same seats would have run him $1100 per-all-session if he decided to go session-to session.

I know everyone has their price limitations but the people that talk about going from session to session and being able to get in for $100-$125 a ticket are just giving terrible advice.

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
We got in tonight at $150 a ticket. As soon as the game ended, I jumped online and found a pair at $160 and immediately bought them. 30 minutes later and the cheapest I could find was $225. So happy I got those 2 tickets. Game of the decade tomorrow

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Id be curious to see average ticket prices for the championship over the last 5-10 years. This has got to be setting records.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Id be curious to see average ticket prices for the championship over the last 5-10 years. This has got to be setting records.

For the championship last year, I had 12th row on the free throw line for $130 a ticket. It's stupid ridiculous this year.

I've already decided I can't go to Omaha and spend this much money next week

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
This is the exact reason why people should buy their tickets ahead of time. The idea of buying from session to session is a major risk. I have an individual buy 4 lower levels from me before the tournament started for $525 per all-session ticket. Those same seats would have run him $1100 per-all-session if he decided to go session-to session.

I know everyone has their price limitations but the people that talk about going from session to session and being able to get in for $100-$125 a ticket are just giving terrible advice.

You know it all depends on who is playing? If Baylor beat KU then the people who prepaid would have overpaid. And if ISU lost and there was a BU-OU final, ticket prices would be rock bottom.

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
We bought ours last year after winning in semis. we paid $40 bucks a ticket for 3rd level. Tried to do the same 2nite, $220+. Have a friend already down in KC, she said scalpers asking 400-500 per ticket. CRAZY! Hoping to go to omaha next weekend instead and save some $.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Thought I read on the Phog KU fans don't give a **** about the conference tourney.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thought I read on the Phog KU fans don't give a **** about the conference tourney.

Based on the way they cheer and buy tickets, I don't think KU fans care all that much. We are going to have more people there today than KU. And we will drown them out. The best thing to help them learn how to cheer their team will be the example we set for them. They just sit there and applaud politely when somebody makes a basket. Half of our section stands up and screams on each defensive play. I swear the KU fans belong at a gymnastics meet!

audiokiwi

Nov 11, 2013
Ames
Bought 2 tickets for 90 a piece midway through the KU game. I was definitely rolling the dice on that one.

We made an arrangement with a KU fan as soon as their game became out of hand where we bought four for $110 each and he'd buy them from us for $150 if ISU won. No way we could get that price now

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We made an arrangement with a KU fan as soon as their game became out of hand where we bought four for $110 each and he'd buy them from us for $150 if ISU won. No way we could get that price now

Why would you sell them if ISU won? Wouldn't you want them?

clonefan24

Feb 4, 2014
I saw scalpers forking over $250 for tickets from donors right after the game last night. The lowest I heard from them after that was $400.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Guy sitting next to me up in 230 during the kansas baylor game told me he was looking to sell his championship game ticket. When I asked how much he wanted he gave me a weird look and said just face value. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I immediately handed him 60 bucks and thanked him at least a dozen times between then and the end of our game.

My wife and sister in law got all fired up thinking we were going to be able to find 2 more just like it. They didn't seem to believe me when I tried to explain that I had a ridiculously good deal fall in my lap and we wouldn't get anything close to that after our game. It definitely sunk in for them once we started talking to scalpers outside!

sschrag03

Sep 12, 2012
TX, USA
They were crazy last year too, if you can get down there I suggest you go. Ticket or no ticket, the atmosphere is incredible, just watching the game at P&L will be worth it. Wait until the first media time out and you'll be able to get a face value ticket pretty easy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron