Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
The party is over on Monday night for Ms. Clark......can't wait.....rarely watch her because I can't stand her but MONDAY night......I'll be tuned in early.....going to be an early Christmas present for me....
I think Iowa is the better team. We’ll see. Lots of bashing of Clark in this thread. Her demeanor is certainly questionable at times. Her on court stuff is unquestionably one of the all time greats, if not the best.

LSU needs to get ahead as iowa rarely plays from behind. But when you have the best player on the court, you have a great chance to win

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think Iowa is the better team. We’ll see. Lots of bashing of Clark in this thread. Her demeanor is certainly questionable at times. Her on court stuff is unquestionably one of the all time greats, if not the best.

LSU needs to get ahead as iowa rarely plays from behind. But when you have the best player on the court, you have a great chance to win

Agree…. CC is a whiny, crying, overly dramatic baby. But if you don’t think she can lead Iowa over a win against anyone in this tourney, then you haven’t been paying attention.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
Don't think she can if SC matchup takes place.....
I’m not sure. Is SC better than last year? From what I saw against Indiana, they still struggle shooting. It kind of worked out for Iowa. I thought losing their big would hurt them this year.

Instead, it just gives Clark more opportunities. Anybody have any insight as to our recruitment of Clark? And what about Attack gals? Thought I saw where Iowa has 6 of them.

I thought Jensen was a big Iowa state guy, yet we don’t get those gals often it seems.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Wha? Iowa has no business even competing in this game. LSU is a superteam built of 5* All-Americans and All American transfers. Iowa has CC and a bunch of middling role players. You're not going to convince anyone around here that, player for player, Iowa comes even close to matching up.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
LSU is good but they don’t seem to have the fight or edge this year they did last year. While I’m sure they’ll want to take down Clark the Conqueror, Iowa will have a huge vendetta as well.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Wha? Iowa has no business even competing in this game. LSU is a superteam built of 5* All-Americans and All American transfers. Iowa has CC and a bunch of middling role players. You're not going to convince anyone around here that, player for player, Iowa comes even close to matching up.
Agreed. Iowa has the best player in Clark, but LSU is far superior in all other positions. Stuelke/Ogrady are gonna struggle against Reese and the other LSU bigs. Murray and Johnson are huge mismatches against what Iowa has at those positions.

As always, if non-CC Players start hitting 3s, Iowa can beat anyone. I think they will have a tough time getting open looks though. But it is March madness. Nobody in the country thought Iowa could beat SC last year and they did.

I’ll be rooting hard for LSU but Iowa has a shot.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
How did Iowa compare to South Carolina last year? Probably similarly to what you posted. You have the best player, you have a shot.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’m not sure. Is SC better than last year? From what I saw against Indiana, they still struggle shooting. It kind of worked out for Iowa. I thought losing their big would hurt them this year.

Instead, it just gives Clark more opportunities. Anybody have any insight as to our recruitment of Clark? And what about Attack gals? Thought I saw where Iowa has 6 of them.

I thought Jensen was a big Iowa state guy, yet we don’t get those gals often it seems.
Yes - they are significantly better. Iowa exposed them last year. They dared them to hit 3s and they couldn’t.

They went out and got the #1 3 PT shooter in the country in Pao-Pao. They are extremely deep. They’ve almost got caught a couple times losing focus. But they are very, very good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Iowa wins. I'm not saying that as a gotcha either. I watched some of that LSU game and I don't think that team has GREAT chemistry. That transfer point guard from Louisville just had weird body language with the team.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I've been told CC is the equivalent of three players so they are playing 7 on 5. Iowa should win by double digits.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think Iowa wins. I'm not saying that as a gotcha either. I watched some of that LSU game and I don't think that team has GREAT chemistry. That transfer point guard from Louisville just had weird body language with the team.

LSU has a lot of distractions and seems kind of like a circus. That transfer point guard was crying on the bench in either their first or second round matchup, I think because of wanting to be in game or getting subbed out. Iowa players seem to be all on board with the CC show, or if they aren't the sure hide it in a way that helps the team.

If I were a passionate fan I'd not be thrilled with the coach going psycho about the existence of newspapers this week.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Is there an over under for the number of times a player or coach will yell at an official or mock other players for this game? I think I’d bet the over no matter what that number would be.

It’s definitely not a game to show your kids proper sportsmanship

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo