Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
FWIW I like that CC continued the time honored tradition of draft fashions that almost certainly will not age well. I'd be ALL IN for a reality show that followed these players picking their clearly weird draft outfits. Grady **** being among the weirdest in recent years. Clark's almost could have been pretty non-weird, but throw in those glasses and she's right there in the discussion with some of the greats.

The "boxy boys" commercials during the NCAA tournament were hilarious and one of the few that didn't drive me nuts.

images

“These are timeless classics!”

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I was travelling that day, Simon Conway cut live to the draft so no one missed the occasion. :rolleyes: He loves her as much as Murphy does, maybe they will have a duel someday and the winner gets to take on Conner for her hand.

Well, you were listening to the Hawkeye sports station, so ...

Reactions: carvers4math

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, as a point of how her WNBA salary is just lagniappe. Her endorsements and sponsors are huge at this point.
That's pretty much true for all WNBA players. Which is why a lot of them play overseas during the WNBA offseason.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That's pretty much true for all WNBA players. Which is why a lot of them play overseas during the WNBA offseason.
While I agree, I wouldn’t call most WNBA players salary lagniappe as most have to play over seas just to make a comfortable living while they still can. Clark is already a multimillionaire and will only continue to make more so she doesn’t technically need to play over seas of she chooses.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This might be the first time she ever wore a dress.
We don't need comments like that. It's perfectly fine to argue about skill, GOAT, championships, attitude, coverage, Keith's wanking obsession with teenagers, etc - but looks and/or sexist or feminine remarks need to stay out.

Not saying you meant it any particular way, but it comes across as such.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
While I agree, I wouldn’t call most WNBA players salary lagniappe as most have to play over seas just to make a comfortable living while they still can. Clark is already a multimillionaire and will only continue to make more so she doesn’t technically need to play over seas of she chooses.
She technically doesn't even need to play in the WNBA if she chooses!

I really don't know why you are on this site constantly trying to promote CC. Do you see any ISU fans on Hok boards constantly promoting Tyrese or Purdy? I just don't get your motivation to coming here to make these posts. CC is no longer playing for Iowa. Time to close this thread. But I'm sure you'll come back to try to bring it back to life.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
She technically doesn't even need to play in the WNBA if she chooses!

I really don't know why you are on this site constantly trying to promote CC. Do you see any ISU fans on Hok boards constantly promoting Tyrese or Purdy? I just don't get your motivation to coming here to make these posts. CC is no longer playing for Iowa. Time to close this thread. But I'm sure you'll come back to try to bring it back to life.
Agreed, don't understand why they haven't moved on to hyping up Kirk and the boys, or Mad Fran and building on the NIT performance, or T & T and the wrestling team running away at the 2024 championships... oh wait, I actually do understand why they can't move on from CC.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: jaj040 and Cyhig

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We don't need comments like that. It's perfectly fine to argue about skill, GOAT, championships, attitude, coverage, Keith's wanking obsession with teenagers, etc - but looks and/or sexist or feminine remarks need to stay out.

Not saying you meant it any particular way, but it comes across as such.
@GT25Ump Seriously, you dumbed this post? I apologize if trying to keep perceptions of discussions of race, sex, looks, etc out of these discussions is offensive to you. I clearly told the poster I was not implying they meant it that way, just used it as a reminder to keep things within the guiderails.

Help Support Us

Become a patron