Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I have said this all along. Shes a Brat. Everyone made a stink about LSU being poor sports but they were just throwing Clarks antics back at her. Amazing how people think its fine for her to act that way but if anyone else does it back to her its horrible.

I have heard rumors from people that grew up with/played with or against her in high school, that said she has always been a brat.

I work with Hawk fans who still have no clue why Angel was waving her hand in front of her face at CC. I should probably tell them someday that it’s because that’s what CC does to other players, but I’d hate to ruin their fantasy image of her.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I can't stand trash talk, but it's a part of the game these days. Everyone does it, not just CC. I'm not a big fan of CC's on-court antics, she does complain about non-calls, etc., but it's not like she's the only one who does that either. This move got her T'd up, she deserved it, she's going to be a target for other players, she knows it and needs to have better composure for sure, but seems to be getting blown out of proportion. JMO.
These days... Larry, Magic and Jordan certainly never talked trash. Trash talk is great, acting like a toddler not so much.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I can't stand trash talk, but it's a part of the game these days. Everyone does it, not just CC. I'm not a big fan of CC's on-court antics, she does complain about non-calls, etc., but it's not like she's the only one who does that either. This move got her T'd up, she deserved it, she's going to be a target for other players, she knows it and needs to have better composure for sure, but seems to be getting blown out of proportion. JMO.
This is a bad take from you. I expected better, to be honest.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Meh, the girl flopped. Good play to get her a T though. I have no issues with Clark’s attitude, if it was men’s basketball we wouldn’t even be discussing it.
This "If it was mens basketball" take is so bizarre. If the top player in men's basketball used two hands to shove a person to the ground it would be talked about A LOT. I understand inequality still exists to this day, but this is not it folks.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
This "If it was mens basketball" take is so bizarre. If the top player in men's basketball used two hands to shove a person to the ground it would be talked about A LOT. I understand inequality still exists to this day, but this is not it folks.
No, flops and pushes and technical fouls happen everyday in men’s basketball. It is never news. She got baited into a T, big deal. She isn’t any worse of a human being because of that. The haters need to let it go, she is really good at basketball. She is a target for everyone now, she will get better at not falling into the traps, but her edge is part of what makes her so good. Let it go…

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No, flops and pushes and technical fouls happen everyday in men’s basketball. It is never news. She got baited into a T, big deal. She isn’t any worse of a human being because of that. The haters need to let it go, she is really good at basketball. She is a target for everyone now, she will get better at not falling into the traps, but her edge is part of what makes her so good. Let it go…
I'm not complaining about it, but to expect the media and people to not talk about the best player in any sport doing something like that is naive beyond belief. You need to just accept the fact that is going to generate conversation and criticism for any top athlete in any sport and get over it.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
I don't have much respect for CC as a basketball player but, if you look at her shoulders and hips when she does "shove" she doesn't even put anything on this. At worst if the defender is actually defending she stumbles back a step. Bad look from someone who is known for this behavior though. Get a reputation for it and you lose the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: chadly82

Help Support Us

Become a patron