Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
When it comes to covering famous female athletes from this state in general Murph's work has been cringeworthy. I didn't think anything would ever be as bad as his Shawn Johnson coverage but damn if this isnt giving it a run for its money.
Two words.
Lolo Jones.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Well Iowa wont have to worry about having that excuse of other teams being loaded with talent since CC changed the program for the best so they will be pulling in Top 10 recruits left and right now.
They’ve already seen an uptick in recruiting but they’ll never recruit at the level needed to win a natty, imo. There’s only a handful of programs that can.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
They’ve already seen an uptick in recruiting but they’ll never recruit at the level needed to win a natty, imo. There’s only a handful of programs that can.
That's weird because I've been under the impression that Iowa WBB was to be thought of as the same as those blue blood WBB programs and with CC changing the game why wouldn't they be able to use that to recruit at the same level?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That's weird because I've been under the impression that Iowa WBB was to be thought of as the same as those blue blood WBB programs and with CC changing the game why wouldn't they be able to use that to recruit at the same level?

Check out the last quarter century of total free agency failure by the Chicago Bulls. There’s no guarantee it does anything.

Indiana State played the Larry Bird success to basically nothing.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This is the ISR portion of the site where it’s 95% discussion about Iowa, is it not?
I guess hawk fans have no rivalries with anyone. They are just so good. Lord only knows that those folks are told not to put any rivalry sites on their boards, otherwise they lose their media credentials. I guess CF is a more friendly site than any other hawk site ever will be. Just shut up and enjoy it or get your ass banned!

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
CC has been living rent free in your head the last two years, but yet you don’t care.
I don't care about IOWA basketball. What I do care about is having a player (who the media has been idolizing) acting out in ways on the court that are very childish in nature. It's a bad example to set for kids who are looking up to her. I have been quite consistent on that topic

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Check out the last quarter century of total free agency failure by the Chicago Bulls. There’s no guarantee it does anything.

Indiana State played the Larry Bird success to basically nothing.
Sounds like maybe it was all about CC and not so much Iowa WBB?