Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
  • Puke
Reactions: WartburgClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Satire is dead; you have to link everything and spell it out for people who either are to stupid to get it or don't want to get it.
giphy.gif

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Lol, ok well I've never said ISU fans should root for her or put the rivalry aside and don't pay a ton of attention to local media, but I'll give him marks for it then.
It’s fine if you didn’t get the joke. About 30 other Iowa fans in the guys comments didn’t get it either.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I finally saw a picture from the draft last night. Did you see what the Stanford chic was wearing? Yeah, they totally don't want to bring "sex" into the picture here. It totally wouldn't get a certain demographic to maybe watch a few WNBA games.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
She technically doesn't even need to play in the WNBA if she chooses!

I really don't know why you are on this site constantly trying to promote CC. Do you see any ISU fans on Hok boards constantly promoting Tyrese or Purdy? I just don't get your motivation to coming here to make these posts. CC is no longer playing for Iowa. Time to close this thread. But I'm sure you'll come back to try to bring it back to life.

Didn't you know? Iowa fans are long time experts and supporters of all things women's basketball. Apparently you haven't heard that it's the most popular sport in the world. All because of CC. I mean, little girls are now starting to shoot hoops with their dads in driveways. Next thing you know women will be off to college and the workforce!! And now Iowa fans are pissy about WNBA player salaries. (I guess they are too worked up about this to think about basic economics).

Reactions: Cyhig

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Have you not been listening to the Iowa Karens complain about this to ISU fans the last couple of years?
I haven't heard ISU fans being told they should put the rivalry aside and support CC but I'm not that bright and don't pay much attention to local media or social media, so now I know. And I am a big fan of irony... er, satire, so big marks to him.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I finally saw a picture from the draft last night. Did you see what the Stanford chic was wearing? Yeah, they totally don't want to bring "sex" into the picture here. It totally wouldn't get a certain demographic to maybe watch a few WNBA games.
Men are never going to flock to the WNBA. It just isn't going to happen. They may see an uptick in ratings early in the season, but I believe the WNBA regular season and playoffs trickle into the NFL and College Football, which is just bad planning on their part. They should play in the winter like the NBA does.

At any rate, the fans they need to start drawing the eye balls of are women, not men. My opinion anyway.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Men are never going to flock to the WNBA. It just isn't going to happen. They may see an uptick in ratings early in the season, but I believe the WNBA regular season and playoffs trickle into the NFL and College Football, which is just bad planning on their part. They should play in the winter like the NBA does.

At any rate, the fans they need to start drawing the eye balls of are women, not men. My opinion anyway.

Agree. Men don't and won't watch it. Except for maybe Keith and KXNO dorks who will try to make it a thing. It's not bad planning. It's just not entertaining. I rarely watch the NBA the way it is.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Agree. Men don't and won't watch it. Except for maybe Keith and KXNO dorks who will try to make it a thing. It's not bad planning. It's just not entertaining. I rarely watch the NBA the way it is.
It isn't very entertaining. And I too struggle to pay a lot of attention to the NBA until the playoffs start. I check to see how former Cyclones and their teams are doing every now and then but that's it

Reactions: qwerty