Time to call a spade a spade.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Hunter Dekkers wouldn’t start for Iowa, he is bad, real bad.
He's much better than Petras. The reason Iowa has put something resembling and offense out there lately is the emergence of Kaleb Johnson the last few games. We have no running game like that at all which puts all the pressure on our already bad QB and OL.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He's much better than Petras. The reason Iowa has put something resembling and offense out there lately is the emergence of Kaleb Johnson the last few games. We have no running game like that at all which puts all the pressure on our already bad QB and OL.
Agree.

While Iowa's O still isn't great, they have put in a few new wrinkles and adapted the past several games. They seemingly learned that they could use LaPorta more and free up Kaleb Johnson to run more. They won't be world beaters on O, but their D will keep them in most games and they are taking care of the teams they should.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Dekkers in over his head. RB’s not as good as were hyped, ST in shambles again, Oline is perennial issue, nfl talent wasted. Can we be honest and say CMC is over his head? Can the vitriol that generates be ramped down to stop saying best coach we have ever had? Operative word is HAD! Changes must be made or time for CMC to move on! Kohl is Dekkers 2.0. He is not the savior. Kai Black needs development - who on the staff can do that? It is time for the margins and process to be retired. Time to coach and not rah rah bs. Once the coach goes there he is done! Has no idea nor plan and relies on fan passion to exhort the team. Danny Mac and CPR and even Cheezit had better offenses than this. A disaster!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A sub-.500 this season wouldn't have been a shock. But this is the most mediocre Big 12 has been ... EVER. ISU has had numerous chances to win a couple and stay out of the bottom.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
This doesn’t feel like the Rhoads or McCarney eras. We are what the scoreboard says we are, but it’s also true that we're a lot more competitive on the field.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This doesn’t feel like the Rhoads or McCarney eras. We are what the scoreboard says we are, but it’s also true that we're a lot more competitive on the field.
The results are a bit different because there is more parity in talent. We aren't getting absolutely drubbed, but losses are losses

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
People comparing us to early 2010s are crazy. I remember getting smoked by 30+ points week after week back then. People are frustrated because we're in games even after shooting ourselves in the foot. There hasn't been a game this year, in the 4th, we couldn't have won. And that's with a bad OL and average talent players.

I too fear for defensive loses, but this message board would be wildly different if our WRs caught four specific pases this year. That's it.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
No one subscribes to the Bill Parcells doctrine more than me...except for this team, this season...I'll keep saying it and I'm supported by national statistics and rankings...this defense is elite and I don't recall seeing anything like this in 25 years as a Cyclones fan. It's beyond frustrating and heads should absolutely roll for squandering the talent and performance of this defense. Campbell owes them an apology. I wouldn't fault any of them for jumping into the portal as soon as they can. And some smart head coach is going to make a run at Heacock with a really simple pitch..."Here, you will get support"...

Last edited:

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Nothing.

He'll change nothing.

We look the same as when he got here now, we just burnt threw some great talent.

Teams know ISU won't finish when they need to, so CampbellBall just means embarrassing losses now.

CMC is stubborn and thinks we just need to execute better.
Sooner or later the shotgun runs up the middle from short yardage situations will work if the team just executes better???

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron