Tom Brady Retiring

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Kind of surprised. Had TB not ran into the injury bug, he probably wins another Super Bowl or at least plays for it. They were set up for another run next year as well.

Set for another run? I don't think so. Plenty of free agents out there, coaching changes and with the uncertainty of it all plus I bet his wife was on board of this being his last year made the decision fairly easy. Saw him play multiple times. He is the Goat.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think about that a lot watching old movies, jimmy stewart always seemed to be 60, even when he was supposed to be late 20’s like in its a wonderful life
That generation fought a lot of wars, smoked a lot of cigarettes, and drank a lot of booze. It tends to put a lot of years on the body.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Terry Brasdshaws quote that Big Ben should be judged on the peak of his career without a surrounding cast vs. Brady is laughable. I think this is Terry's way of inserting himself as GOAT based on five seasons. And the trouble is the only way Pittsburgh wins most of those super bowls falls squarely on the defense. I would pick three of Bradys best Era and that of Joe Montana over Bradshaws any day.
That generation fought a lot of wars, smoked a lot of cigarettes, and drank a lot of booze. It tends to put a lot of years on the body.
Exactly. Enemy shrapnel, concussion bombs and marching 500 miles in below zero temps tend to do that to you.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Terry Brasdshaws quote that Big Ben should be judged on the peak of his career without a surrounding cast vs. Brady is laughable. I think this is Terry's way of inserting himself as GOAT based on five seasons. And the trouble is the only way Pittsburgh wins most of those super bowls falls squarely on the defense. I would pick three of Bradys best Era and that of Joe Montana over Bradshaws any day
I haven't seen the quote you're talking about, but based on what you're saying... what supporting cast did Brady ever have? It changed every year, and every year people would say they don't know how Brady keeps doing it. Brady had Randy Moss for a short time and....Edelman? Welker? Troy Brown?

The Patriots obviously had a few decent receivers along the way, and I hate the pats as much as anyone, but that comment sounds ridiculous. Get it together Bradshaw

Reactions: Kinch

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Well now I hope he doesn’t retire just out of spite.

I'm hoping for this now too as nothing would be a blow to "the mothership" as Dan Patrick refers to them as to be wrong on a story they are pretty much owning now. Schefter's reputation definitely would take a bit of a hit. I can still see them not backing down and if he played another year try to spin it as "well we had the timing a bit off, he is retiring but not until after the 22-23 season."

The news was a bit surprising to me as I was certain Brady would keep playing as long as he was at the top of his game and his stats this year certainly could argue he is still a top 5 QB in the league. 1st in passing yards 9th in completion percentage, 1st in TD, 5th least in INT, and 2nd in QBR. Still in great shape for his age and I thought he still had a lot of fire and passion left to keep proving he can do it just as well in his mid 40's as guys half his age.

If he actually retires TB has a lot of free agents to make decisions on and especially on the offensive side if they don't go out and sign or trade for a good QB there is no point overpaying to keep the team intact without some re-tooling.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
ESPN is setting themselves up well for this to blow up. Every single place this is mentioned they are strongly associating Darlington and Schefter's names. If Brady doesn't retire at all or doesn't at least announce it very soon, ESPN didn't goof...those two did.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
ESPN is setting themselves up well for this to blow up. Every single place this is mentioned they are strongly associating Darlington and Schefter's names. If Brady doesn't retire at all or doesn't at least announce it very soon, ESPN didn't goof...those two did.

I like Adam Schefter, but I have to wonder if this would be close to a fireable offense if Brady doesn't retire. Talk about p!ss poor journalism and reporting if he does go back to the Bucs.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
This FOMO reporting is really annoying. IMHO, to certain degree, TB has earned the right to announce his retirement. Let him announce it himself if he is really retiring.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron