Tom Brady Retiring

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
This one always gets me. Age seems to be different now

View attachment 95014

You see these pictures of “old” baseball players & managers from the 30s, 40s, & 50s, and you’d swear they looked like they were in their mid-50s, all gray & craggy & worn-out … only to find out they were actually 36 or something.

Yes, age hits different these days.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I haven't seen the quote you're talking about, but based on what you're saying... what supporting cast did Brady ever have? It changed every year, and every year people would say they don't know how Brady keeps doing it. Brady had Randy Moss for a short time and....Edelman? Welker? Troy Brown?

The Patriots obviously had a few decent receivers along the way, and I hate the pats as much as anyone, but that comment sounds ridiculous. Get it together Bradshaw

There are MJ contrarians too. It’s pathetic.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
You see these pictures of “old” baseball players & managers from the 30s, 40s, & 50s, and you’d swear they looked like they were in their mid-50s, all gray & craggy & worn-out … only to find out they were actually 36 or something.

There was a notable picture of Brady next to one of George Blanda at the same age.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016

A lot of them used to smoke, and, of course, the baseball players had a lot of sun exposure.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
A lot of them used to smoke, and, of course, the baseball players had a lot of sun exposure.

This came up when people were comparing the Golden Girls to actresses their age now. I don’t think there is much understanding about how technology has changed how people age. Especially for those who can afford it. From simple things like better nutritional options, vitamins, and skin and hair care products and extensions, to surgery and Botox and and other medical advances, we live in a much different world.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Where's the O/U at on how many phone calls he gets during NFL OTA's next year to see if he still has the "itch"?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
This came up when people were comparing the Golden Girls to actresses their age now. I don’t think there is much understanding about how technology has changed how people age. Especially for those who can afford it. From simple things like better nutritional options, vitamins, and skin and hair care products and extensions, to surgery and Botox and and other medical advances, we live in a much different world.

Making love to supermodels, chefs on the payroll, no stress about cash, etc.

We are all George Blanda

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I'm just looking forward to whatever nuttiness TB12's personal trainer/body coach/spiritual leader spits out now that he won't have coaches and a team overlording him. I'm convinced he's the reason Brady left the Pats.

He's a weird dude.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I was curious on how other people would rank the top NFL quarterbacks in the Super Bowl Era (each has at least one ring). My rankings on Bart Starr and especially John Unitas also consider their pre- super bowl seasons.
Just to start it, here is mine:
1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Bart Starr
4. John Unitas
TIE FOR 5TH: Terry Bradshaw and Peyton Manning
7. John Elway
8 Troy Aikman
9. Roger Staubach
TIE: 10. Bob Griese, Big Ben

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I actually like that he announced his retirement after the season like he did. Now we won't get the Tom Brady farewell tour in the next season.

Reactions: Kinch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron