Top 10 ISU Stories for the Year?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Notice the color of the flowers in her hair. :)

At least she pays tribute to ISU after she's gone.

Hobbs on the other hand...notsomuch. Did you see the clips from an interview with him on ESPN last night? Didn't mention ISU once and had just a dull beanie hat on. No ISU colors, nothin'! Why does he hate us?

/sarcasm

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I will pay tribute to ISU now that I'm a grad....oh wait, paying loans back. Yeah, once those are paid, any money I give goes to Pollard and his brain.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
No offense, but I hope that a bad ISU football team beating a bad Iowa football team is NOT the biggest story of the year. That doens't speak well of us if it is.

Well we're talking about biggest story of the year here in the state of Iowa in regards to ISU so yes, I think the Cyclones coming out victorious in the biggest sporting event in the state this year probably deserves the title as biggest story as well. Definitely not the biggest accomplishment in the grand scheme of things but I can't think of anything else that was more exciting than that game.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Well we're talking about biggest story of the year here in the state of Iowa in regards to ISU so yes, I think the Cyclones coming out victorious in the biggest sporting event in the state this year probably deserves the title as biggest story as well. Definitely not the biggest accomplishment in the grand scheme of things but I can't think of anything else that was more exciting than that game.

Who said anything about it being the biggest story in the state of Iowa regarding ISU? We need to start making stories that get nationwide attention (in a good way). On a national scale, beating a bad Iowa football team is not a big deal.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Volleyball
Chizik's First Year (post-McCarney Era)
Cy-Hawk Series
Campus Renovations
Wrestling Accomplishments/Cael's 1st Year
Pollard's football ticket stance
Record setting attendance in all sports
Off field/court troubles (players suspended/kicked off)

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
She played soccer here then tried out for MTV Real World when they were here. Never came back to ISU.

That's exactly what her ties are and what happened. The SI thing has been a couple years now though - i think 2 for sure, but it just gives me an excuse to dig through SI.com swimsuit archives for a few hours! Thanks for the excuse. :biggrin:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
If people continue to say that ISU beating Iowa is the biggest story of the year then we will never get past being the "little brother." By saying that this is the best we've had all year then this just proves to Hawk fans that this is our Super Bowl. If you want to get past this then you have to quit thinking that beating Iowa is the best thing that's happened to us.

There are bigger fish to fry. We need to improve on last year. WE need to get better. We need to contend for the North and then the whole thing.

Screw Iowa. Screw the thinking that we need to beat them in order for us to have a complete season. I'd lose to them another 15 years in a row if it meant we had a shot at a conference crown every year.

Get over it. It's time to move on to bigger and better things.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Gene Chizik, by far, is the top story. He's gotten people energized for football. People who had no idea who he was when we hired fell in love with the guy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron