Top ten for KU

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Why would UNC be a rival you never play? I would agree with the kNU, Mizzou, and Iowa being ISU rivals I just enjoy when ISU beats KU because of the KU fans. Plus since the start of the big 12 ISU has had the most success against KU and have the only five game winning streak against them.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
jbhtexas, not sure where I ever said "screw you guys"...

It was where you said (to paraphrase a bit), "I'm really a KU fan, and if you keep pushing me, I'm going to have some not-so-nice things to say about ISU athletics."

Does that clear it up for you?

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't consider KU a "main" rival, but surely there is something to the basketball match-up. I mean, KU fans must just HATE IT when they lose to us at the Phog. And in football, up until this last season I always considered KU sort of our bad-luck cousins, since both programs had similar records/minimal success over the last several years, so that kind of makes them a sort-of-rival.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I would like to thank the majority of you rational posters in this thread who defended me. To not accept fans for ISU, especially in a time of limited success in major sports, is silly.

As for the "top 10 list," it is the same jokes we see every day from tigerboard and ksufans.com, so sorry if I got a little defensive seeing the same (bad) jokes I've seen a million times. But a Mangino fat joke...never seen one of those before.

jbhtexas, not sure where I ever said "screw you guys"...

For the rest of you, thanks for accepting me on your board. I've been reading threads here but not posting for a while, but I had to say something about some of the stupidity flying around in the original post. For example, making fun of KU's recent losses in the NCAA tournament is silly for an ISU fan.

As for my "donation to prove I'm a fan," I'm a law student so I don't really have any money, but I did buy football tickets this year.

And I think someone asked who I cheer for when my two teams play each other. The answer: I don't really cheer, I just watch.

Alright Forrest. As stated just looking for some added humor here but can't seem to get any out of you. The desire to be an attorney may have something to do with it. Do yourself a favor and change your major and become an asset to society rather than an ambulance chaser. Being a Gump and having so many schools under your belt must keep your.... Sorry won't go there. One year of football really goes to some peoples heads.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Okay, lets say something nice about KU.

KU has the biggest (after eating the other coaches) AND the National Coach of the Year in D-I. Go Mangino

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
For every one of your "jokes," there is a good or better comeback a KU fan could make about ISU, with the possible exception of the "Mangino is fat" joke. Now I won't do this, because I am a fan of both ISU and KU, but I wanted to point out how stupid I thought the post was.

Lighten up, Francis.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
I agree with you flag guy. I am one of those people who cheer for both ISU and Iowa when they aren't playing eachother. But, I cheer for ISU when they do.

I have no problem with KUCyclone cheering for both teams...But the real question is, who does he cheer for when we play KU?

is it really just me or do i think it is always a joke when people say they cheer for both teams? how is this possible? as a complete Iowa State fan i cringe whenever i see an Iowa W

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I don't think it's a big deal to cheer for two teams if you have ties to the teams like kucyclone. my brother in-law went to ISU, then got a job at KU. he has interest in both schools, but he does cheer for ISU when they play KU. as for our rivals go, obviously iowa. then I would say any team from the old Big 8. I loved those cold Saturdays in Hilton when those teams came to play. after iowa, I really like beating KU in hoops.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I don't care if KUcyclone is both an ISU and KU fan. I DO care that when backed into a corner, he bashes ISU for not going to a bowl game in 3 years or the NCAA tournament in 4 years.

First, we haven't been to a bowl game in 2 years...not 3. And we went to the NCAA tournament 3 years ago, not 4.

I'd almost rather not go to the NCAA tournament than repeatedly go as a very low seed and get beat in the first round over and over.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Exactly Cycloneworld, it's not hard to see where his allegiances lie. He picks the team "with the most on the line" huh? So tomorrow night he should be decked out in ISU gear because KU pretty much has a #1 seed locked up even if they happen to screw up against us, right? However, that won't be happening. Instead he'll be picking out his favorite KU sweatervest and shining up his "fancy shoes" to exchange high fives with his KU buddies while sipping back on a Zima. Go KU!!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Is #7 being kind of hypocritical? Not that Cy is ugly- in fact, he's pretty damn sexy...

I do hate KU tho...

I have seen a cardinal. Can't even begin to tell you what a J-hawk is though. I agree Cy is hard not to think about when looking into that special someone's eyes. Red's always been my favorite color.

Haven't you guys ever heard of a dodo bird before? Been extinct for hundreds to thousands of years because the species was to idiotic to survive? :wink::biglaugh:

Dodo-bird.gif
Jayhawk.jpg

Last edited:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Haven't you guys ever heard of a dodo bird before? Been extinct for hundreds to thousands of years because the species was to idiotic to survive? :wink::biglaugh:

I heard those birds really liked to sing...