Totally Insane Iowa Stats

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The total offense per game is 158.00 YPG. Next lowest is 232.5. 131 teams in FBS means the 118th team would be the bottom 10% - that team averages 299.5 YPG. They are almost twice as bad as the bottom 10% team.

Navy has more passing yards than Iowa. Navy has only completed 8 passes.

I haven't been digging but those are two pretty hilarious ones. I'm curious to see what level of ineptitude we could discover.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
1662993269094.png

the-office-dying-of-laughter.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If their offense continues at the level of futility it has so far that defense is going to be tired out during the heart of the Big 10 schedule. Their defense and special teams look stout but if they are on the field as much as they have been so far going to run into injury and conditioning issues at some point. Has to also be demoralizing to the defense to have to carry the team like that too knowing that they could still lose the game by holding the other team to 10 points.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All I gotta say is I respect Charlie Jones for evaluating his time at Iowa and thinking he can do better....I hope he has an insane game against them later in the season
I think Kirk would rather lose by 30 than for CJ to go off on Iowa. Expect a co start double team and even LBers jamming him to help kirks ego out.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Just imagine being Phil Parker, who's been tasked with trying to drag that team to wins so it can be palatable to name Brain the head coach.

I have heard some of the Iowa media saying it would take BF to basically step down, which is hilarious. I know people that have been around the Iowa program when BF was a player and has been coaching there. The guy has zero self-awareness.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
All I gotta say is I respect Charlie Jones for evaluating his time at Iowa and thinking he can do better....I hope he has an insane game against them later in the season
Charlie has almost as many receiving yards as Iowa has total yards this year (286 to 316)

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It seemed like it took until halftime for our coaching staff to finally embrace how bad Iowa is offensively. I get that it's hard to believe but they really should have changed how they called the whole game. Once you get past your own 40, there's no need to punt. Iowa cant get first downs. You dont need big plays, just focus on four-five yards a play, which is there against Iowa's defense. Know you have four downs to do this. Simple throws, take your time. If you don't convert, know that your offense will be right back on the field.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Just imagine being Phil Parker, who's been tasked with trying to drag that team to wins so it can be palatable to name Brain the head coach.

I have heard some of the Iowa media saying it would take BF to basically step down, which is hilarious. I know people that have been around the Iowa program when BF was a player and has been coaching there. The guy has zero self-awareness.

The post from their CB on twitter blaming himself for the loss because he only made a pick and didn't return it for a touchdown is hilarious. I can't image being on the defensive side of the ball for that team, you have to have the mindset that not only can you not allow points, but you have to score too.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
The total offense per game is 158.00 YPG. Next lowest is 232.5. 131 teams in FBS means the 118th team would be the bottom 10% - that team averages 299.5 YPG. They are almost twice as bad as the bottom 10% team.

Navy has more passing yards than Iowa. Navy has only completed 8 passes.

I haven't been digging but those are two pretty hilarious ones. I'm curious to see what level of ineptitude we could discover.

Leistikow’s next column: Why Ferentz purposely didnt run the good plays for the first two games

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Is Nico Regaini hurt, or did he graduate/transfer? Have to think their passing game will improve with K. Johnson back (hard to regress much more).

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It seemed like it took until halftime for our coaching staff to finally embrace how bad Iowa is offensively. I get that it's hard to believe but they really should have changed how they called the whole game. Once you get past your own 40, there's no need to punt. Iowa cant get first downs. You dont need big plays, just focus on four-five yards a play, which is there against Iowa's defense. Know you have four downs to do this. Simple throws, take your time. If you don't convert, know that your offense will be right back on the field.
Glad you're not coaching, as that would have been a gift to a team that was struggling. May have just needed one first down to get a field goal attempt in a game we only won by 3.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron