Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
And for being almost 7 foot he’s a terrible rebounder. He’s grabbing a mighty 3 down per game.
The rebounding woes are confusing. Conditt and Jones were pretty bad rebounders last year too, given their frames. One almost has to wonder if it's related to coaching.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The rebounding woes are confusing. Conditt and Jones were pretty bad rebounders last year too, given their frames. One almost has to wonder if it's related to coaching.

Is Jones good at rebounding now? Is that also related to coaching?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
the title of this thread doesn't fit anymore. After getting the ever living sh#t kick out of us by them, we shouldn't talk about their program in demise. It's not.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Here is something you Iowa fans can hang your hat on. From what I've seen, Rebracca (sp?) is better than Bacot.
Rebracca's improvement from last year is pretty startling. Undersized 5 but get's after it and more than holds his own most nights this year.

He's been a very pleasant surprise.

That and Connor's 3pt shooting this year ;)

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Well that was surprising to say the least. After playing on Tuesday night in New York and especially after hearing about Murray being out, I figured we would have lost for sure. Even after getting out to a hot start I was still preparing for a close game. But ISU couldn’t hit any shots and Iowa was knocking down wide open looks to keep their lead.

Going to be a grind for both teams to make the tourney this year. I’m still thinking Iowa gets in.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
We aren't imposing enough. Osun has the best moves and talent, but he's thin. Rob is the biggest guy but he is not extremely skilled or athletic. Ward is big and athletic but not very skilled. It's an interesting hodge podge of bigs but they've underwhelmed so far.
Wrong.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well that was surprising to say the least. After playing on Tuesday night in New York and especially after hearing about Murray being out, I figured we would have lost for sure. Even after getting out to a hot start I was still preparing for a close game. But ISU couldn’t hit any shots and Iowa was knocking down wide open looks to keep their lead.

Going to be a grind for both teams to make the tourney this year. I’m still thinking Iowa gets in.
ISU will play that poorly 1-2 more times this year and it sucks that it came in this game. Even if we play okay this is a 10+ point win for Iowa bc we played horrific. It was just one of those games.

Iowa deserves much credit too because the start of this game determined it’s entirety. They put away this game within the first few minutes and honestly most of us fans on here preached about how ISU couldn’t let that happen.

I’m going to say that both teams will be in the dance but I don’t think this performance by either team is an indictment of how they’ll play the rest of the year.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We’ll see.
Fact of the matter is their program isn’t bad. It’s above average to solid. Compete in the upper half of the Big 10 and make the tournament every year. They can get up for big games but can’t consistently put it together which kills them in March.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
ISU will play that poorly 1-2 more times this year and it sucks that it came in this game. Even if we play okay this is a 10+ point win for Iowa bc we played horrific. It was just one of those games.

Iowa deserves much credit too because the start of this game determined it’s entirety. They put away this game within the first few minutes and honestly most of us fans on here preached about how ISU couldn’t let that happen.

I’m going to say that both teams will be in the dance but I don’t think this performance by either team is an indictment of how they’ll play the rest of the year.
Basketball is such a different sport than most. It is a make or miss game and each game can be so much different. That is what makes the tournament so much fun and frustrating.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Fact of the matter is their program isn’t bad. It’s above average to solid. Compete in the upper half of the Big 10 and make the tournament every year. They can get up for big games but can’t consistently put it together which kills them in March.
See you in March.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Basketball is such a different sport than most. It is a make or miss game and each game can be so much different. That is what makes the tournament so much fun and frustrating.
Which is why it’s my favorite game! I love that every team has a realistic shot against another.

And also I like this game more than football bc honestly both teams are gonna be Q1 so a loss doesn’t ever hurt you while a win will look great. This game doesn’t mean a thing to the NCAA committee from ISU’s end but will look great for Iowa’s.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

If Iowa just shoots like that from 3 (they'll get similar open looks in conference including this weekend) they'll be unstoppable because anyone shooting at that clip is.

Conversely ISU has to be able to shoot better than that, right?

Right?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Rebracca's improvement from last year is pretty startling. Undersized 5 but get's after it and more than holds his own most nights this year.

A pleasant surprise last night, this is the first game he has been good.

• Disagree
Reactions: iahawks

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Rebracca might have just needed more minutes to settle in. I wouldn't be suprised to see him make a B1G second/third team before the season is over.

Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This sequence was crazy. Talking smack down 25 and then hitting the top of the backboard.

I said this last night.. how the hell do you do that on the same shot? And how has that happened 10 times the last two years? He is without a doubt the most mental shooter I’ve ever seen, meaning if his mind is right he’s great and if his mind is anything other than right he’s horrible.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Which is why it’s my favorite game! I love that every team has a realistic shot against another.

And also I like this game more than football bc honestly both teams are gonna be Q1 so a loss doesn’t ever hurt you while a win will look great. This game doesn’t mean a thing to the NCAA committee from ISU’s end but will look great for Iowa’s.

I hate to call it an exhibition game because it's two P6 teams but I can't think of a home-home series mattering in March for either one.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
the title of this thread doesn't fit anymore. After getting the ever living sh#t kick out of us by them, we shouldn't talk about their program in demise. It's not.
Iowa’s program is fine. Fran has done a perfectly acceptable job. Let’s not make too much of last nights game though. Iowa wanted it more. Way more. On top of that they shot over 50% from deep. Good for them. Still haven’t played in the second weekend of the NCAA tournament in over 2 decades.