Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
He's only won 4 in over a decade? I thought they had a string of winning one game for a while.

Do they count their historic NIT run?

Looks like 4 round of 32 appearances. The rest round of 64 or play in game losses.

Hok fan did claim the NIT was for a natty so maybe they’ll count that

Meanwhile the Hoiberg/Prohm/Otz trifecta achieved 9 NCAA wins in that same timeframe.

Reactions: VeloClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think they’ll win the three non conference games they have left. I also think they can grab three or more conference games as well. This is a bad Iowa team, but I imagine they still end up with 15 wins.
Also the Big 10 has some pretty bad teams. Maryland, Penn State, and Minnesota aren't very good. Iowa plays them all twice.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The Big 10 isn't very good this year. There will be nights where they are hitting and can beat just about anyone in the conference. But also a lot of games where the 3's aren't falling and they get smoked.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
What was with the old guy on their bench walking around? Will that be their coach?
Phil Martelli- longtime head coach at St. Joes in Philly- coached their really good team with Jameer Nelson and Dalonte West. Juwan brought him on as an assistant to have a guy with college head coaching experience on the bench. His son Jimmy is on the new staff at Penn State.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
"The game was gone by then, as McCaffery and Iowa’s season-high crowd of 10,000 (announced) knew." from Hlas/CR Gazette.

This is a dead man walking.

• Wow
Reactions: RezClone

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Also the Big 10 has some pretty bad teams. Maryland, Penn State, and Minnesota aren't very good. Iowa plays them all twice.
Fortunately, in the eyes of the committee, winning all of those games won't help you whatsoever.

For all the NCAA's faults, at least the existence of the selection committee all but prevents the disgusting big 10 west fball scenario where the media and fanbase breaks their arms patting themselves on the back for pillow fighting their way to glory.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’ve always thought the smart move for Devries would be to just wait out the Creighton job at Drake. But Mac is only 59 I see now. Still, that job is way more attractive than Iowa.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
They scored 25% of their 80 points, in the last 3 minutes and 23 seconds of the game. That's how you make a beat down look respectable, to the casual observer.
It's the McCaffery Way!
At that pace, they would score 400 for the game (20 pts every 5% of time).